British Comedy Awards 2006 Page 4

i know! I was kinda bored by it in places dar I say!but youre quite welcome to Mr Brand as far as Im concerned!

Funny, everyone says that...
:)

Quote: zooo @ December 15, 2006, 7:01 PM

Ant and Dec are great presenters, but they are not comedians, and neither is Charlotte Church.

Same goes for Chris Tarrant IMHO.

And why isn't there a best stand up award? Or did I miss it?

It's an odd set of awards - there's nothing for radio either. There was a Best Live Stand-Up Tour award (which went to Jimmy Carr) but I think they stay away from a general "Best Stand-Up" award as that's moving in on the territory of the Perrier Comedy Awards.

Russell Brand is a very good stand up comedian, but they've struggled to find the right TV vehicle for him. I quite liked the show he did for MTV earlier this year, but the Channel Four stuff has been poor.

I agree that the C4 stuff was awful, but Ive not actually put myself out to watch MTV just to see him funnilly enough!

Quote: Wheeler @ December 15, 2006, 7:23 PM

Russell Brand is a very good stand up comedian, but they've struggled to find the right TV vehicle for him. I quite liked the show he did for MTV earlier this year, but the Channel Four stuff has been poor.

Did you see his look of disgust at Jonathan Ross' rather good joke about his viewing figures? Brilliant.

Bless him. I suppose it's better than doing a fake 'ha ha' face. Keep it real Russell!

He's great on that Big Brother show he does, but that's no good to normal folk. I think his new channel 4 show is getting better as it goes along.

I saw that! Genius! Did anyone else also see Justin Lee Collins refuse to clap? harsh...

Yes! Interesting. I love seeing who hates who in the comedy world. (Peter Kaye wasn't even there, probably because they all hate him.)

and RIcky Gervais making Stephen Merchant's speech!

Ant and Dec are great presenters, but they are not comedians, and neither is Charlotte Church. None of them should have been up for those awards in the first place. And why isn't there a best stand up award?
Or did I miss it?

You did miss it. Nominations where Ross Noble, Jimmy Carr and Lee Evans. Carr won.

Ohhhh. Well, that's both bad and good. : )

I think it would be nice if there were more nominations per award. Three seems a bit stingy.

im glad jack dee got ripped for ripping off curb that chump deserved that, thick of it should have won something, some of it didnt make sense chris tarrant? hes just a stock guy in comedy terms

Quote: zooo @ December 15, 2006, 7:30 PM

(Peter Kaye wasn't even there, probably because they all hate him.)

I like the thought of that. :)

Quote: zooo @ December 15, 2006, 9:32 PM

Ohhhh. Well, that's both bad and good. : )

I think it would be nice if there were more nominations per award. Three seems a bit stingy.

I know what you mean- they got to the third and I kept expecting another one to come!