Right, where to begin? Page 8

You have to question why 'the system' can't find a place for someone with a Degree in Social Care (and a so-called 'First' to boot).

Governments of both colours have got a lot to answer for. Shame on MP's for not tackling these issues!

As for theatre students, the trouble with arts people is they are prepared to work for low pay and so pay stays low. I wonder where all the arts grants and lottery money goes? Clearly not into your salary mate! ;)

Good job you don't live in London ... you'd be a skellington by now! Laughing out loud

N.B. I am fat because I eat old chip fat to survive... Angry

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 26, 2007, 12:37 PM

There are lot's of ex students who find it hard to get work. I think one of the reasons is experience. A lot of degree don't offer a lot of pratical experience. My friend Smokey for example did social care and got a first but because of her lack of experience she can't get a job.

Aside from the fact that there is no apostrophe in the word "lots" (:P), this is a very good point. Far more university courses need to come with a year out, preferably between 2nd and 3rd on a three-year course, for example, to work in industry and gain that experience.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ September 26, 2007, 12:52 PM

I wonder where all the arts grants and lottery money goes?

Ooh ooh, I know! I know!

I know too... that classic millenium dome!! What a great investment that was!!!

Yes I have lived in and close by to London for 25 years and have been to the dome on several occasions and I agree it was a total waste of money. London never needed it.

I should be in charge of these things, not wanky politicians. I could have told them that the Dome would be shit.

Can I be Minister in charge of sugar, spice, all things nice, and Health care?

I don't think you'd be hardline and sensible enough. :)

Quote: Aaron @ September 26, 2007, 9:36 PM

I should be in charge of these things, not wanky politicians. I could have told them that the Dome would be shit.

I only went for the first time recently - to see Prince - and it really is a brillianty concert venue. I can't understand though why they couldn't have sold it sooner though. It was obviously built for this reason.

The only good thing about the Dome was the new Blackadder, on an IMMENSE screen.

Quote: Aaron @ September 27, 2007, 9:03 PM

The only good thing about the Dome was the new Blackadder, on an IMMENSE screen.

That was an abomination to the name Blackadder. Sick

Quote: Aaron @ September 27, 2007, 8:47 PM

I don't think you'd be hardline and sensible enough. :)

I can be tough! Tough on fluffy things, tough on the causes of fluffy things....

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 28, 2007, 10:42 PM

I can be tough! Tough on fluffy things, tough on the causes of fluffy things....

You're going to kill bunny rabbits Teary

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Never!

We will need them for hard labour.

Are they going to plough the fields? Replace the horses pulling the carts and things with bunnies?