Right, where to begin? Page 7

I bet Aaron drives a mini.

......and lets Mark ride in the boot.

I "let is" Mark ride in the boot? What are you talking about, woman?!

Oh god, don't get him started on an apostrophe rant!

(Notice he didn't deny it though.)

Sorry Aaron. Thing is I didn't have my own Governess to teach me stuff like that!

Laughing out loud

But no Laura, I don't drive a Mini.

(But if I did, I do think it would be immense fun to let Mark ride on the boot. Laughing out loud)

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 25, 2007, 4:33 PM

Speak for yourself. While I hated uni, don't put students all in the same boat. My parents could barely afford to lend me ten pounds let alone pay for me to go uni. I had to work in some very crappy jobs to support myself through uni and lived in a house with damp. I was one year shy of getting the hardship grant as well. So while those in the years below me got an extra £1000 a year, I didn't. You try doing a full time course and busting your gut serving drunks and getting threatened at work until past midnight and then get up early for a tutorial and to work on 4000 word essay all for £6000, including your loan and earnings, a year then come back and tell me that all students are leeches.

PS. We don't get free money. We have to pay the money back and while you don't have to pay it back until you earn more than £15000 a year, it builds a lot of interest the longer you don't.

But I agree the ones that live off Mummy and Daddy do need a slap. :D

Funnily enough I don't care about the ones living (fully) off Mummy and Daddy as long as Mummy and Daddy have paid their taxes!

The ones I'm against are the ones who get a grant but are never going to pay the grant back. Paying the grant back is fine in theory but is the money coming in from those who have had the grants so far?

Also, I did my college while working full time in a hard job so don't give me any baloney about how hard it is, I have my own baloney!

My college was free by the way because that's how it was then. I went on to get some good jobs because of the practical nature of the course I took in Electronics and have paid loads of tax, only to realise as I get older that governments of both colours have been frittering our money away since the end of the Second World War and won't give us the laws or rules we want!

:)

I fully intend to pay it back when I can. They take it automatically from your pay anyway.

You have baloney? I dream of having baloney! All I can get is walls bangers and that's once a month. You rich git! ;)

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 25, 2007, 9:56 PM

I fully intend to pay it back when I can. They take it automatically from your pay anyway.

You have baloney? I dream of having baloney! All I can get is walls bangers and that's once a month. You rich git! ;)

If you emigrate do you still have to pay it back or will we need to come after you? ;)

Git, maybe, but rich no and neither were Mummy and Daddy but they worked effing hard as I recall! I'm not against all students but I do think that their prime objective having finished their courses should be to get a good job and pay their debts, otherwise what is the point? Students who just piss it all against the wall are the ones I'm talking about! Where are me pills.. oo.. er..

Sorry Mick for hijacking your thread...

Hello and welcome once again... I will make sure I don't tell you any offensive jokes! ;)

Only joking Frankie!

So did mine until they got sick then I had to work full time through college. It's okay now cause they get extra support. Honestly, money really doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's all about who you are!

I heard about that emigration thing but I think it's not true.

Anyway..........Mick, He-man goes on the mantle place.

No offence to you personally (please don't take offence) but anybody who gets a degree at University and then doesn't get a job on better than 15K a year, well I worry about the whole thing I really do...

You can get 15K working in a call centre, supermarket, etc. and you don't need a degree! Of course these are not glamourous (no pun intended) or worthwhile jobs on some levels but even so, somebody, somewhere has to pay the rent!

Rant over ... who gives a sh*t what I think... I know my MP doesn't...

:)

Why do you think the level is so low, Frankie? They make it seem like we're getting a good deal - and admittedly the interest charged is pretty small - but it's a bit shit really.

Quote: Aaron @ September 25, 2007, 10:50 PM

Why do you think the level is so low, Frankie? They make it seem like we're getting a good deal - and admittedly the interest charged is pretty small - but it's a bit shit really.

I can't imagine how anyone can live on 15K never mind pay a loan back out of it...

You'd need to have SFA dependents and live in a hovel on brown rice or similar, well in London anyway... and don't tell me there is anywhere else in the UK worth being other than London because I can't fix your brain if you think different! ;)

London is the centre of the universe. Even time is based here.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ September 25, 2007, 10:30 PM

No offence to you personally (please don't take offence) but anybody who gets a degree at University and then doesn't get a job on better than 15K a year, well I worry about the whole thing I really do...

Two words: Theatre students! Laughing out loud

I'm not sure what I make actually as I'm always here and there but I doubt it's over £15000 so far. Mind you, I have a new art assistant job so that might push it up a bit. There are lot's of ex students who find it hard to get work. I think one of the reasons is experience. A lot of degree don't offer a lot of pratical experience. My friend Smokey for example did social care and got a first but because of her lack of experience she can't get a job in social care at the moment and has to volunteer at a school for children with down's syndrome while working part time at spec savers. I feel lucky because as much as I hated my course, it was a pratical one and I also have a habit of falling into things and being at the right place, right time.