The Trip - Series 2 Page 7

Quote: Marc P @ 11th May 2014, 10:47 AM BST

I agree. It works on so many levels. I guess some people have a tin ear and prefer Europop to Mahler.

I like both, in the right environment.

I think there are a lot of criticisms that can be made about this series, but it is pretty original, and there are lots of subtleties - plus it can still get the old belly laughs going (the bit where they were doing Roger Moore shouts this week cracked me up).

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/whatson/the-trip-to-italy-coogan-brydon-q-and-a
21st May

It's ok. Quite quirky but it's not all that in my opinion.

Quote: Marc P @ 11th May 2014, 10:47 AM BST

I agree. It works on so many levels. I guess some people have a tin ear and prefer Europop to Mahler. I would say I feel sorry for them but that would come across as up my arse and pseudo culturally superior. I do though.

wAT YOU ON ABOUT!!! I LICKED IT WEN uNCLE bRIN DONE A BLOKE IN A BOX AND aLAN pARTRICH WALKED OF.

Anyway, I enjoyed the whole series. I wonder if there will be a third trip.

To be honest Doug I have no idea half the time, the trick is just to keep talking and pretend you do.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 19th May 2014, 1:14 PM BST

I wonder if there will be a third trip.

I hope so; maybe Brydon will be capable of a third impression by then.

Finally watched the sixth episode today and ultimately still found the series repetitive, pretentious codswallop!

You live in Norwich... Let it go. Cohan isn't really Partridge.

Quote: gb901 @ 18th July 2014, 3:28 PM BST

Finally watched the sixth episode today and ultimately still found the series repetitive, pretentious codswallop!

Yes it is. But it's also really funny.