The Trip - Series 2 Page 5

Ha, that's not really my point. Occasionally some women exist in life who aren't 25 and beautiful. These females don't seem to exist in the world of the show.

I know the whole show is about these two sad old gits being self indulgent. But... bleh.

Quote: Nogget @ 21st April 2014, 9:13 PM BST

I'm enjoying it, but what was the point of having Brydon sleep with that woman?

Irene Adler?

A twenty first century version of 'On the Buses' as far as wimin are concerned!

The latest episode kept up the quality. The Saville / DeNiro bits were hysterical.

Oh and there were two intelligent women featured heavily. Put down those pens bleeding hearts, Points Of View will have to wait til another time.

'Two intelligent women featured heavily'? All they did was giggle at the bloke's jokes. The intelligent women I know, make the jokes.

Agreed, I remember one moment where they were allowed to show signs of intelligence.

Quote: tinybaubles @ 26th April 2014, 7:40 PM BST

'Two intelligent women featured heavily'? All they did was giggle at the bloke's jokes. The intelligent women I know, make the jokes.

So all intelligent women are jokers? Please, you're coming off as a feminist gone berserk.

The two women in question talked at length about a number of subjects, they didn't simply just laugh at "the blokes" jokes. Did you want them to sit stony faced as two comedians joked at the dinner table?

If you're not happy maybe you should write the third series, The Trip featuring lots of very clever women who hate men.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th April 2014, 12:33 AM BST

Rather astonishingly a complete re-tread of the first series, including the same impressions but fewer jokes. Factor in the over-familiarity and 'disappointingly shit' doesn't even cover it.

Innit bruv! Totally shite - such a shame!

I'm enjoying it. It's playing out like a weird inversion of the first series.

I'm a huge fan of the first series. In fact, I think it's one of the best TV shows of the last few years. I like this series too, but for some reason I don't like it as much. And it's not because they're doing essentially the same thing again, as I could watch the first series over and over. Maybe it's because I'm a northerner and not an Italian!

The intelligent women I know, make the jokes.

For some reason I'm hearing this sentence in David Brent's voice.

You beat to making the same point, you bugger!

€690 for miniscule meal for 4!!!
Not sure what's the biggest piss take - that or this series?

Quote: zooo @ 22nd April 2014, 2:25 PM BST

Ha, that's not really my point. Occasionally some women exist in life who aren't 25 and beautiful. These females don't seem to exist in the world of the show.

I know the whole show is about these two sad old gits being self indulgent. But... bleh.

Having the nautical Sloane ranger being love struck over Brydon is ridiculous!

Still liking it, but sometimes it feels like they want us to both laugh at them, and with them, which feels contradictory.

They play the game at the table, so we could play it in advance; how much will their meal cost? Here's the menu:

http://www.relaisblu.com/en/menu.html#menus

Assuming it's for two of them, I'm guessing €180.