The Trip - Series 2 Page 6

While I have been slightly disappointed with this series, last night's episode was brilliant. I especially enjoyed the Parkinson interview riff.

Quote: TBone @ 3rd May 2014, 8:46 PM BST

While I have been slightly disappointed with this series, last night's episode was brilliant. I especially enjoyed the Parkinson interview riff.

I agree. Definitely the best of a slightly disappointing series for me. And it seemed like they were actually enjoying each others' company, which in my opinion makes for a more enjoyable episode.

Who cares about the quality of the performances, when my guess of €180 was so close? Priorities, people!

Loved Rob's Dustin Hoffman.

Quote: TBone @ 3rd May 2014, 8:46 PM BST

I agree. I like the show when it's the two of them alternately making each other laugh, and acting out a sort of tetchy rivalry; most of the plot stuff sits somewhere between uninteresting and faintly annoying.

Anyone have any idea what the opera music was in Episode 5?

The pretentious musings quickly become annoying!

Finally worked my way round to episode 2 and another enjoyable episode. I really like the laid back nature of the show, but the performances of Brydon and Coogan are what make it. The only thing I find strange about the show is that it's scheduling jars with the feel of the show. It's got a Sunday afternoon vibe to it, but the content obviously denies it that slot.

Rob: "Where do you stand on Bublé?"

Steve: "On his wind pipe"

Laughing out loud

The little dig at Life's Too Short was appreciated too.

It felt strange to see Coogan laugh out loud at Brydon's goofing. It was like he let his defences down for a bit.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 6th May 2014, 4:48 PM BST

It felt strange to see Coogan laugh out loud at Brydon's goofing. It was like he let his defences down for a bit.

The show has the appearance of not being entirely scripted.

A nice ending to another good series of The Trip. I hope one day, Steve and Rob return for a 3rd adventure. The Trip To Australia anyone?

Great last episode.

Maybe they could do a Man vs Food style American series. With 3 foot high burgers.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th April 2014, 1:03 AM BST

So they do much fewer Caine offs and the result is yawn inducing, naval gazing twaddle. Brydon has looked the only one interested during this series, but the more of him I see, the more egotistical and annoying he is. It's now just Brydon in front of a mirror jerking himself off and there's 3 more to go. >_<

I think you were watching some other show on that channel you pay extra for Alfie.

Quote: gb901 @ 19th April 2014, 7:38 PM BST

Which is why I for one much enjoy much more the likes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" with its improv element!

That sentence is giving me a headache.

Quote: zooo @ 21st April 2014, 10:38 PM BST

Correct me if I'm wrong, has there been one female character on the show that hasn't been written in simply for one or both of them to drool over?
That side of it's getting a bit boring.

I'd hit the nautical crumpet mind you.

Quote: tinybaubles @ 26th April 2014, 7:40 PM BST

'Two intelligent women featured heavily'? All they did was giggle at the bloke's jokes. The intelligent women I know, make the jokes.

On television?

Quote: gb901 @ 28th April 2014, 3:36 PM BST

Having the nautical Sloane ranger being love struck over Brydon is ridiculous!

Ah, bless :)

Quote: gb901 @ 6th May 2014, 10:29 AM BST

The pretentious musings quickly become annoying!

Nah you're okay. It's like a man returning to the same restaurant week after week and getting very upset and complaining the food is inedible. It's not annoying at all.

Don't ask me why, but I loved this.
What is extraordinary is that almost the whole thing is subtext.
There hardly a line that isn't telling a different story
Which should jar with something that, visually, is so much about surface....

But doesn't.

I agree. It works on so many levels. I guess some people have a tin ear and prefer Europop to Mahler. I would say I feel sorry for them but that would come across as up my arse and pseudo culturally superior. I do though.