No Topic!!!

Part of IMO, the art of being funny, is to be up to date with current issues. Take my fav commedian of all time. Mr Bill Hicks. If you know him, then cool be you. If you dont. Shame on you!!!
Now i know this is a fun site, but we must appreciate what is going on in this world at the moment too. Then we can, if we are clever enough, make light of it.
SO
I am asking about the here & now and the war we currently find ourselves associated too. What In Your opinion, is this war about.

Why are we at war with IRAQ & Afghanistan???????????
Believe it or not, your opinions really, really matter.

We are in Afghanistan because we are naieve. We are in Iraq because we want car bombs in Baghdad and not Birmingham.

It may work in the former but not in the latter. We should leave Iraq immediately.

Some are for the 'wars', some are against.

Such is Democracy.

We're at war because we've lost our identity as British people and are just trying to join in with the big kids, ie- The Americans. Once we start acting like an independent country again maybe we can get back on track. We've got loads of things to be proud of be it music, comedy, landmarks, whatever, we should be celebrating all of it but thanks to racist f**kwits and gangs shooting and stabbing each other, we feel ashamed of our identity so throw our weight around with a bad crowd. The sad thing is, no-one in this country knows who they are anymore. We're just trying to be whatever people say we should be when we should be doing what we WANT to do. Stop thinking like sheep and start thinking like people

I blame the papers.

I blame the peadophile asylum seekers, who use weapons on Big Brother, whilst chanting their racial abuse to a documentary of Princess Diana.

Anyway, when your son entered the army, it became real to you Charley, but for me, it feels like a distant idea I can't imagine. It's hard to form an opinion over something that looks like a TV show to me, as I only ever see what the tv wants me to.

On the subject of the war, I must say I'm very much enjoying watching the Steven Bochco show "Over There" on DVD. It only lasted for thirteen episodes before being cancelled, but it was very good at highlighting the rather muddy nature of this war in Iraq. And also showed that although it might be a hugely misjudged escapade, that the soldiers in the field are fundamentally decent, and as much victims of the Iraqui people.

(Plus you get to see the kid who used to be in Saved By The Bell being beheaded, so it's win win.)

It seems that while ever our soldiers are prepared to do their duty some asshole politician will send them to some shit hole for whatever trumped up reason might be politically expedient at the time.

Unless the people or the forces themselves rise up and say "no" (a la Vietnam) it will continue to be so for the forseeable future, I reckon. :(

Our soldiers wont EVER do that. They would be done for treason.
Iraq is all about the oil & Bushes desperation to conquer countries during his time as president, as well as Afghanistan.
Afghanistan is about the drugs and the fact that Bush is a puppet owned by Dick Cheney. The wealthiest arms dealer in the world & he dont want the wars to stop. The only way to stop the war in Afghanistan is to pull out,Kill Bush or Cheney, Or pay more for the drugs than the taliban do. That understandably would be unethical. I am talking about the drugs being unethical, not the slow slaying of two greedy arse hooooooles.

This is all IMO anyhoo.

We are making a grave mistake in history here. We should not be involved. I support our soldiers though. 100%. They are doing as they have been ordered to do.

Fair comment, but I think this has been the way of US politics for a long time. Not that this excuses anything. But if you can't get through the boulder you have to find a way around it somehow. Or keeping beating your head against it (as you seem to be doing) or just accept it (as most folks do).

But accepting it is wrong.

Then it's beating your head against a boulder or find a way around it.

Theoretically, it should be possible to solve this problem with your vote, but who do you vote for? Is there anybody to vote for who will stop the wars?

If everyone opened their eyes & spoke up we could POSSIBLY change things. We cant change American government attitudes, but we can try and change ours. In the future what we are involved in will probably go down as a pointless & bloody war for both the citizens of these countries & our own soldiers. This war in Afghanistan is going to go on for many years & it is a war with no end & no win. I personaly want GB out of this. You watch this space, there will be a high price for our country for this. Starting with more terrorist attacks.The civillian & armed forces body count is going to sky rocket. It does no harm to speak up about it. Sitting on your arse does.

Fair comment, mate. I don't know what the answer is. There doesn't seem to be an easy one. A lot of people spoke out about Iraq and it didn't make much (any?) difference. It takes a lot to get 'the people' to rise up to the extent that governments will change policy.

Well the guys are slowly moving out of Iraq now. Mostly to go to Afghanistan where it is even worse. The government are aware of the fact this war is against their peoples beliefs.
I dont know the answers Frankie, wish I did. America will not stop until they have World Domination. Something they will never have.
I would hate for our country to be tarred with the same brush.