BBC Three getting axed Page 2

A troubling proposal. I hope it does not come to fruition - certainly not whilst both CBBC and CBeebies are on air. Not to mention BBC Alba, the huge left-wing news operation, and notable overstaffing.

Does not bode well for the already undermined BBC Four, either.

I wouldn't mind if they axed the SD channels, mind.

The Smoking Room was my favourite, although I believe that was back when it was Choice. Then they took away OUR choice... Ironic?

I'm assuming the guys who are fine with this aren't writers. What it actually means is a massive cut in money, slots and opportunities in comedy and drama.

Don't get BBC Three in Aus but just reading the list on this realise how many programes from it I enjoyed either from discovering them on DVD or because they were bought and then aired on an Aussie TV channel. Supose until recently been in its target age market, which might have helped. I like the idea of a youth channel, although there are targeted channels in Aus now, it. Was only around 2009 that this hapoened when digital took off (we are bit behind on tech stuff, it's still common to have a swipe card rather than chip n pin) so when I was in late teens/early 20s, I didn't feel like TV was for me. Everything felt like it was aimed at kids or older people.

Kinda rambling a bit but basically I hope they keep the channel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26447089 It's definitely going

Mildly annoyed I can't watch the same old repeats of Family Guy and American Dad every night other than that I'll just watch new comedy online like I do anyway.

'Your challenge today is to make a hat (Dramatic Pause) out of hair!' - that was an actual quote from last night's new show ''Hair'' - BBC Three.

I bet shows like Family Guy and American Dad will go to BBC 2 or E4.

Quote: Lee @ 5th March 2014, 7:33 PM GMT

I bet shows like Family Guy and American Dad will go to BBC 2 or E4.

The FOX channel already repeats these shows.

The Fox Channel is not free to air.

Quote: Lee @ 5th March 2014, 8:08 PM GMT

The Fox Channel is not free to air.

True, but you never said that they had to be repeated on free-to-air channels.

That's like my motto, man!

Quote: Lee @ 5th March 2014, 3:01 PM GMT

I'm more concerned about the inconsistency it will leave behind: BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 4. WHAT?!

Laughing out loud

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th March 2014, 5:34 PM GMT

BBC 3 was the channel that gave us the Mighty Boosh, as well as the Johnny Vegas sitcom Ideal and ground-breaking and brilliant drama serials such as Bodies, Funland and Conviction.

Under the control of various TV f**ks and people-shaped media turds it was rebranded and repurposed and is now the repository of shows such as Bank of Mum and Dad, Freaky Eaters and Snog, Marry or Avoid.

I'd axe it in an instant. Shift all of the content of BBC4 to BBC2 and create a separate channel called BBC cooking or BBC lifestyle for all the f**king endless cooking programmes. Job done.

Ha, well said. I'd give How Not To Live Your Life & Being Human a honourable mention too.

I think there are still a couple of things I watch on the channel, but I'm sure they'd find a home somewhere else.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th March 2014, 5:34 PM GMT

BBC 3 was the channel that gave us the Mighty Boosh

I want to sign a petition to kill it faster.

I barely ever watched BBC3 apart from How Not to Live Your Life and the first series of Pramface. As a result, I doubt I'll miss it. I thought most people on here saw it as a hideous misrepresentation of yoof comedy.

Quote: Ben @ 5th March 2014, 10:34 PM GMT

I barely ever watched BBC3 apart from How Not to Live Your Life and the first series of Pramface.

It's had a lot of good stuff in the past; Being Human, Mighty Boosh, Pulling, Gavin & Stacey, early Little Britain, Torchwood all spring to mind.

I doff my cap to the man who unironically praises Torchwood, albeit I quite enjoyed it.

BBC3 had great shows on a terrible station. And I can't imagine it's awful reality TV style stuff was very exportable, which these days is where the moneys at.

I think in the long run if it pushes crap off of BBC2, and BBC4 to make way for their hits, and there's an overall lifting of quality that can only be good.