Rev - Series 3 Page 3

That was the first I've seen of this series. Agree it's brave edgy stuff but it confirmed loud and clear that this is NOT a sitcom, BCG bods.

An amazing episode tonight. Felt a strikingly different tone to pretty much all previous episodes. Very powerful stuff.

It sounds more like the creatives involved with the show want to end it or at the very least take a bit of a break than any boneheaded decision by the BBC not to renew it . . .

Quote: Aaron @ 22nd April 2014, 12:03 AM BST

An amazing episode tonight. Felt a strikingly different tone to pretty much all previous episodes. Very powerful stuff.

Totally agree, it was an excellent episode which really took Rev down a different path, very gripping. Also excellent to see Liam Neeson pop up in the episode too, how the hell did they get him? :O

Quote: G180e @ 22nd April 2014, 5:17 PM BST

Totally agree, it was an excellent episode which really took Rev down a different path, very gripping. Also excellent to see Liam Neeson pop up in the episode too, how the hell did they get him? :O

It's refreshing to have a surprise like that not spoiled beforehand or in every trailer for the show . . . [cough]Ricky[/cough] and [smaller cough]Steve[/smaller cough]

Personally I prefer it when it's a gentle comedy, and I thought it concentrated too hard on getting the Passion references in, without giving us much else.

I was disappointed, Rev was never gentle under the easy going comedy was a very hard, satirical edge. In series 2 Mick trying to ditch the crack, the ArchDeacon coming out not soft stuff.
But mixed up with top comedy.

And then the last 3 episodes of season 3 took it's self so unbelievably seriously. And the whole Passion thing was just pompous.

It's always been satire/drama/comedy. I thought the last 2 episodes were particularly excellent and it went out with a bang. Sometimes it's better to finish on a high (Fawlty Towers, Green Wing etc) than hang on into mediocrity.

It was dreadful comedy is an artform that can cover complex and difficult subjects.
Porridge was funny, warm and yes funny, whilst never letting up on it being about 2 guys who messed up their lives and were in prison.
It's both artless and arrogant to ditch the laughs, because yes it's comedy but I've got something serious to say.
There were precious few laughs in the last 3 episodes, but gallons of sanctimoniousness. And what was meant to be Adam's crisis of faith, felt more like a treatise on sulking by Chekhov.
Check out how Peep Show covered mental illness and break down far better.

A nice way to finish. To me, the last episode of this current series felt like the 'last-ever' episode. I agree with what others have said, it's always good to go out on a high.

The previous episode felt like a more natural ending.

Yes. It could have finished there. But what a great post-coital cuddle!

(Just learned that Marlon Brando attributed women falling love with him to his 'elbow time'. He propped himself up on one elbow after sex to make it look like he was interested in his partner's conversation, when he was actually falling asleep.)

No need to fake any interest in this brilliant show. Just hope they want to do this again one day.

Never really dawned on me that Nigel was a closet homosexual - I just assumed he was just very lonely and sad!

Yes, same here.
I did love those perfectly placed pink ladies underwear in his bed. Made me laugh for ages.

That was a very funny and tragic episode.

I think Colin's eviction party may have been even funnier.

Poor old Nigel, he's basically a gay Judas denied the dignity of even suicide.