Rev - Series 3 Page 2

Quote: Ben @ 24th March 2014, 10:33 PM GMT

I had a feeling that this may have run its course, but I may have to iPlayer it.

Run its course?...

With all due respect this is just getting started. Episode 2 (Series 3) has proven that. Rev. has the makings of a ground breaker on every episode. It's a true blessing... and I'm an Atheist.

Yes, all organised religions are not perfect but a show like Rev. could help the COE become a bit more flexible and open towards all its members. I was sort of brought up Roman Catholic but there's not much difference...

Anyways, back to the comedy part. The second episode was hilarious and everyone is starting to show their own cracks, we are getting to know the characters quite well. Keep an open eye and you'll see something deeper than the usual quirks they're shown.

Oh, well...

I thought the last episode was excellent. Brilliant when he was buying the baby back 'I tell the nasty Mrs Rev' funny as hell! So under played and never forces the laughs. This and Bluestone 42 the best British comedy on TV at the moment.

Another great episode espiacally the fact that it was written by Tom Hollander. Loved the whole Mick and Sonata scene! Laughing out loud

Thought yesterday's was terrible, took itself far too seriously.

Maybe what it needs is a Rabbi?

Quote: sootyj @ 8th April 2014, 9:40 PM BST

Thought yesterday's was terrible, took itself far too seriously.

Oddly heavy-handed in the morals department, out of keeping with the tone of the series, coinciding with a Tom Hollander solo writing credit. James Woods would have had input but not enough.

I thought the enfant terrible artist was a dreary cliché, and Rev's dalliance with the headmistress felt unnatural. Certainly the least enjoyable episode so far.

Comedy can cover serious subjects, but it shouldn't take it's self seriously.

And this episode switched from a rapier piece of satire, to a leaden kitchen sink drama about the clergy.

And all that picking a fight with the litterers in the car, was so far out of character it wasn't funny.

And the bit where Colin gave booze to the baby, was just unpleasant.

Was episode 4 postponed tonight for some reason? My Sky planner thing hasn't recorded it.

Quote: Stuart Collie @ 14th April 2014, 11:25 PM BST

Was episode 4 postponed tonight for some reason? My Sky planner thing hasn't recorded it.

Not as far as I'm aware. It was another good episode anyway, try iPlayer.

I thought this was a truly brilliant episode. Rev. doesn't seem to be afraid to tackle the weighty subjects. I enjoyed Colin's indignation too, very funny. For me, Rev. has gone from strength to strength.

Quote: G180e @ 16th April 2014, 7:03 PM BST

Not as far as I'm aware. It was another good episode anyway, try iPlayer.

Had to resort to iPlayer in the end as you suggested. No idea why my Sky thingy didn't record.

I did not feel comfortable with that at all.
It was like they were trying to make us feel sorry for someone who had been wanking over pics of little children being abused, euurrgh Sick Sick
I didn't like it at all and I wouldn't want to watch that one again.
It's been good until this one.

It's definitely more edgy this series.

More excellence. (Ep5)

Consistently surprising story development, killer lines, lovable characters - and a baddy worth booing - stellar guest stars and even a walk on part for...best not ruin that.

Nicely poised for next week's finale.