Your favourite decade?

Well what is it?

I would love to have been a teenager in the 60s.
Cool music, drugs & well cool clothes.
I would hate to be as Old as Dave the Grave Dodger Chapman is now though.

So if I have to choose from what I know then late 80s.

Is this a general question?

I like all those American 'coming of age' films like, Stand By Me. I'd like to live in more innocent times, like The Wonder Years or something.

I'll also say 80's as I look through my rose-tinted glasses.

Got to be the 60's for me for so many reasons, worthwhile IMO for being as ancient (well almost!) as D.G.D.C. It was absolutely manic from start to end of that decade, loved it!

As I am very into kitsch and retro things, anything 50s - 90's I love but if I was forced to pick only one decade then I must declare Scarlet style that I have and always will be a child of the 80's. 50's is a close second.

Yeah, what Lee said. Is this general, or teenage? Either way, for me it's probably pretty much as-is. Got the benefit of DVDs and Sky for the old shows, plus all the sexy new technology, and of course not forgetting the Web. <3

(If, by chance, anyone wishes to talk purely on terms of sitcoms from that decade, probably the 70s.)

90s by a country mile :) Well actually to be more precise 1989 to 1999

1980s definitely but then, like above, I grew up in the 80s. Lets face it they don't make cartoons like they did in the 80s any more!

If I could choose which era to be born in I'd have chosen the 70s though - that way I'd have been old enough to cash in on the 1980s and then the dot com boom.

1980s. Love them.
But right now is pretty damn good too.

Plus of course, Maggie. Gawd bless 'er. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 29, 2007, 8:27 PM

Plus of course, Maggie. Gawd bless 'er. :)

I prefered the spitting image puppet rather than the real thing.

And the 70s.

The 90s It's the only decade I've seen in all. I would have loved to been around in the 70s.

The 1970s.
Cheech & Chong
P-Funk
Led Zeppelin
UFO/Michael Schenker
Colombian Gold
Rockford Files
Bob Newhart Show
Fewer People
More green spaces
No cell phones
Proper seasons

Sounds good man and decent cinema, my favourite era new hollywood.

the 2010's for me

80's -cause i was born and i love the music from that time!