Who are your favourite funny ladies? Page 3

Has no one mentioned Miranda Hart...?

Probably not.

The clue is in the fifth word of the thread title !

Quote: Oldrocker @ 9th December 2013, 9:29 PM GMT

Probably not.

The clue is in the fifth word of the thread title !

Meow

Miranda Hart.
There, now someone has. :)

Rebecca Front, Sally Phillips, Jessica Hynes, Sarah Solemani, Olivia Colman, Julia Davis, Katherine Parkinson, Rebekah Staton...

Josie Lawrence, Maureen Lipman (both of who played the same part), Morwenna Banks, Julia Hills, Irene Handl.

Sally Phillips, Julia Davis, Katherine Parkinson.

Most of these though are good comedy actresses.

Definitely Josie Long, very funny clever woman.

Also for me, Sarah Silverman. If you read her stuff written down, you think "this is just horrid racist drivel" , but it's all in the performance. She has nailed the technical part of timing and joke sculpting to be able to deliver unbelievably offensive lines seemingly off the cuff from her indifferent looking angelic persona, which makes them hilarious. I know she is contentious but I think everyone understands she is not trying to oppress but rather play with what it means to be offensive and make you question the nature of offensiveness. On top of her brilliant technical stand up performances she has a set of video's on tube working with the brilliant 'Jash' collective comprising Reggie Watts ( my newest favourite person) , the bizarre Michael Cera and other bods who I can't remember. Her Jash video's are absurd spoof on pseudo religious groups and they are laugh out loud funny ( to me). I think she not only rivals her male counterparts in technicality but does so with a flair and confidence that sets her apart. I love frankie boyles technical jocular ability but sometimes when there is no context you just feel like he is stringing brilliantly constructed but ultimately offensive jokes together for the sake of just doing the show, but when you watch sarah silverman she gives you a river of context with her facial expressions and idiosyncrasies that make every taboo she spouts unbeatably funny, but don't forget those expressions and idiosyncrasies are sculpted and perfected through sheer hard work and attention to detail.

Quote: danphobic @ 10th January 2014, 9:42 PM GMT

the brilliant 'Jash' collective comprising Reggie Watts ( my newest favourite person) , the bizarre Michael Cera and other bods who I can't remember.

How do you forget Tim & Eric?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 10th January 2014, 9:51 PM GMT

How do you forget Tim & Eric?

Well only got into jash recently and the first sketch I saw was a not particularly funny skit about a honey mustard sauce recipe and I laboured through it expecting jash gold but it didnt' deliver so in my oh so busy social life schedule ( drinking warm redstripes lying in my bed with my laptop on my stomache in my work shirt and tie) I decided to skip their vids. Maybe I should give them another go?

Their Jash vids prob aren't the ideal place to start, but their TV show, 'Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job' is funny, weird, slightly disturbing stuff.

Emma Fryer. Morgana Robinson.

Love Isy Suttie.

Rita Rudner's last radio series was under par, but her best stuff is up there with Dorothy Parker and Fran Liebowitz.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Lucy Montgomery. Tittybangbang wasn't great, but I came across some of her sketches on YouTube which are so much better: absolutely hilarious, very inventive and superbly acted. Up there with The Fast Show really.

Like this one - a posh Irish masseuse who offers her clients soothing whale noises:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njz9CAM0EIo

The Babysitter sketch is also fantastic.

Good tip.

Diane Morgan (Philomena Cunk) currently doing the Comedy Club radio4 extra. Love that voice.

I watched 8 out of 10 Cats last night and there were two naturally funny women on there.

Mel Geidroyc (bound to have spelt it rong!) and that Aisling woman.

Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, the writers and stars of new U.S sitcom 'Broad City'. Funny ladies.