Who are your favourite funny ladies?

Women are always underrated in comedy so we thought we'd start a thread on comediennes since we're a bunch of funny women ourselves (well, at least we'd like to think we are)Huh?

So who are your favourite funny ladies?

Here's our list:

French & Saunders
Wanda Sykes
The Golden Girls (Bea Arthur/ Estelle Getty/ Rue McClanahan/Betty White)
Catherine Tate

*awaits misogynist trolls*

Sarah Millican and Katherine Ryan have both been particularly good of late.

Quote: Tursiops @ 4th November 2013, 2:10 PM GMT

*awaits misogynist trolls*

LOL! :P

Quote: Aaron @ 4th November 2013, 3:10 PM GMT

Sarah Millican and Katherine Ryan have both been particularly good of late.

ooohhh yeah, Sarah Millican.

I'm tempted to put Alan Carr on this list as well, coz he's such a lady.

I am a young male and I think that many female comedians have middle aged and young women as their target audience. I do find Sarah Millican funny and also Shappi Khorsandi, but the others are either always dirty and don't work or (like Andi Osho) just tell jokes about one subject.

I like Isy Suttie and Nina Conti when it comes to stand up.

As for writers - a woman called Victoria Pile was behind Green Wing, and that was amazing. I must say I either haven't seen or haven't liked the other things she's been involved in, though.

God, there must be some more women I like...unfortunately cannot stand Catherine Tate, find French and Saunders a bit boring, and although Caroline Aherne is a talented writer, she isn't really to my taste.

In my opinion, Sarah Millican is perfectly good at what she does but she's nothing to write home about and I'm not a fan of Shappi.

We definitely need some more good women in comedy.

I really like what I've seen and heard of Sara Pascoe, but saw her live last night and it was such a completely different type of act that I was very disappointed. None of the interesting and challenging satire, just talked about her boyfriend for 20 minutes. Shame.

I love Roisin Conaty, Sandi Toksvig, Sue Perkins, Susan Calman, Victoria Wood, Felicity Ward, Jo Brand, Meera Syal, Mae Martin, Celia Pacquola....plus most of those mentioned above.

I hate the word 'comedienne'. Yuk!

Joan Rivers
Jenny Eclair
Josey Long

I used to like Joan Rivers until she decided it was her job to tell other celebrities to lose weight. I know she's invested a vast amount of time and money into conforming to a certain model of beauty, but when you look like Sam Lowry's mother you kind of lose the high ground when it comes to telling people what to do with their bodies.

Marie Lloyd
Anna Dorothy
Millie Payne

........a lot more probably.

Quote: Harridan @ 4th November 2013, 9:38 PM GMT

I love Roisin Conaty

Really? Never mind - you'll come to your senses eventually. :)

Some more:

Amy Poehler
Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Tina Fey
Maria Bamford
Tig Notaro

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 5th November 2013, 10:17 AM GMT

Tina Fey

<3 <3 <3

Quote: Jack F @ 5th November 2013, 10:06 AM GMT

Really? Never mind - you'll come to your senses eventually. :)

Her stand-up is fantastic, I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 5th November 2013, 10:17 AM GMT

Some more:

Amy Poehler
Tina Fey

Oh yeah - them too.