Filming of Still Open All Hours

Hey folks, I have a question as to how I would acquire tickets to see still open all hours in the studio, as a fan of this sitcom and so many others, I would love to be part of the audience, but I have no idea of where to look and how to get them. can anyone help?

On a similar theme, does anyone know if they plan to do any filming in Doncaster for it?

I would like to go too.

Quote: comical masterpiece @ October 7 2013, 8:18 PM BST

Hey folks, I have a question as to how I would acquire tickets to see Still Open All Hours in the studio. As a fan of this sitcom and so many others, I would love to be part of the audience, but I have no idea of where to look and how to get them. Can anyone help?

Not available yet, as our article states, but they will almost certainly be released via BBC Shows ticketing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/tickets/

Quote: Clint75 @ October 7 2013, 9:50 PM BST

On a similar theme, does anyone know if they plan to do any filming in Doncaster for it?

I think it's quite likely, but can't be at all certain.

They're pushing it a bit aren't they if they haven't even filmed it yet, it's only two months until Christmas!

Not really. Dad's Army was often recorded at the same time as the previous week's episode was being broadcast.

OFAH was often filmed late too. And Vicar of Dibley would often film in November. The BBC seem to be crap at planning.

They seem to like having a big sitcom on at Christmas and it shows they've run out of new ones.

We've had Christmas reunions of:

Only Fools and Horses
The Vicar of Dibley (twice)
As Time Goes By
The Royale Family
To the Manor Born
and now
Open All Hours

What else could they bring back, I wonder? I don't think there's any other classics which are eligible (i.e. cast still alive). John Cleese has always refused to bring back Fawlty Towers, so there's nothing much left.

I'm probably alone in this, but I wish they would make more Vicar of Dibley.

Quote: Dave @ October 9 2013, 4:21 PM BST

What else could they bring back, I wonder? I don't think there's any other classics which are eligible (i.e. cast still alive). John Cleese has always refused to bring back Fawlty Towers, so there's nothing much left.

The Young Ones, Black Adder... The Office is almost old enough to qualify.

Quote: zooo @ October 9 2013, 5:15 PM BST

Agreed!

You're not alone.
I think on a doco on one of the Dibley DVDs that Richard Curtis refuses to throw away any of the sets just in case.

Of all those comebacks only VoD has worked well imho. I think it is because it is a more recent comedy and the whole cast and crew get back on board, not a half-arse effort with absences.

A show I still have to check out. I've only seen a few stray episodes so far...but it all seemed very likeable.

I have applied for 2 tickets for the filming in manchester, even if I get 2 tickets the website says I am not gaurenteed a seat, if so does that mean we would have to stand or would we not get in at all. if anyone could help. cheers.

Quote: comical masterpiece @ 6th November 2013, 5:35 PM GMT

I have applied for 2 tickets for the filming in manchester, even if I get 2 tickets the website says I am not gaurenteed a seat, if so does that mean we would have to stand or would we not get in at all. if anyone could help. cheers.

It means you would not get in at all, they operate on a draw system because the applicants for tickets are popular for a show like this.

Quote: G180e @ 6th November 2013, 6:11 PM GMT

It means you would not get in at all, they operate on a draw system because the applicants for tickets are popular for a show like this.

I live in Walsall, so would not want to travel to Manchester and be turned away. If succesful, what time would you recommend I get there. Cheers.