The Wrong Mans - Series 1 Page 6

I must say I can't share 3SOCKS's enthusiasm...the story and its execution may be alright to good but the 30minutes pseudo sitcom format doesn't work for me. It would have been better if they had made a 90 minutes film out of it. The cliffhanger endings and the lack of laughs get annoying.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode, I am really loving this series. It manages to keep me hooked throughout the whole 30 minutes. Brilliant Stuff!

Watched for the first time tonight.
Well, I had just finished watching the Great British Bake Off and couldn't be arsed to move.
A reasonable way to spend 30 mins I suppose.
Though I did expect it to be a lot worse!
Something about Corden...

Quote: Tim Azure @ October 8 2013, 10:42 PM BST

Remote control?

On the coffee table all the way across the living room!

Quote: garyd @ October 9 2013, 12:37 AM BST

On the coffee table all the way across the living room!

Wife...kids?

All credibility was destroyed with episode 3's on foot chase sequence: theres no way the fat f**k Corden could sprint for any time or distance - let alone outrun anybody!

He'd be wheezing and sweating like a pig within 30 seconds.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 9 2013, 10:20 AM BST

Wife...kids?

Now you're just being silly!
What would they be doing on the coffee table?

Quote: gb901 @ October 9 2013, 12:09 PM BST

All credibility was destroyed with episode 3's on foot chase sequence: theres no way the fat f**k Corden could sprint for any time or distance - let alone outrun anybody!

He'd be wheezing and sweating like a pig within 30 seconds.

I think if we were concerned about the credibility of the programme then we wouldn't watch it.
I mean, how did he manage to fall from the lorry but there be no damage...to the ground?
Seriously, that's a nasty little fall demanding cuts and/or bruises at least.
But as with much of what we view these days reality has to be suspended else nothing would be possible.

Having just caught up with the second and third episodes I have to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying this, it's made me laugh out loud on several occasions and I'm loving the dramatic element.

Also, have to say that as no fan of James Corden, I think he's excellent in this.

I'm still enjoying this a lot, but the slightly thrown together plot might get a bit wearing after a while. There seems to be no bigger picture, just stumbling from one bad guy to another. Although it's making me laugh, which not a lot of British shows do now.

That said, kudos for bumping off Dougray Scott so quickly. That genuinely took me by surprise.

I thought the first episode of this was just watchable but it's getting better each week imo. Loved the latest one, especially Sam getting a little too into the rent boy thing :D
Why does everyone on here seem to hate James Corden?? :S

Still liking this though it's got a bit blood heavy for my taste, the two leads hold it together though as they are genuinely funny guys.

As much as I'm loving The Wrong Mans at the moment, the news of a second series been possible has really shocked me because after they've finsihed doing this, where can they take the story again?

Yeah, I agree, I guess they would have to start from scratch, maybe they could become the new Sweeney.

Sam really is a pathetic drip! Hard to believe cordens character has taken over the reins.

On another note the music really grates!

Woeful continuity. Absolutely appalling. Spend all of that money on the filmic look, then they can't even decide if there's a sodding crash barrier beside the road from one shot to the bloody next. What a real shame. Talk about destroying a suspension of disbelief. :(