Big School Page 4

Wasn't that bad. I'd prefer it with a laugh track though.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 13 2013, 9:32 PM BST

Wasn't that bad. I'd prefer it with a laugh track though.

Same here, I think it would be better with a laugh track but I can sort-of see what they didn't go for that option, this week's episode again was very enjoyable and watchable and provided some decent laughs for half an hour.

Quote: G180e @ September 14 2013, 3:29 PM BST

Same here, I think it would be better with a laugh track but I can sort-of see what they didn't go for that option

It's a conventional sitcom with one liners and the occasional slapstick scene. I can't see why they didn't make a "studio sitcom" out of it.

It's definitely no "modern" "realistic" comedy of cringe type thing (Aaron loves to hate). So why no laugh track?

They missed a trick by not having a silent fight the exam.

Just caught up with episode six. On the whole Big School hasn't been a bad series but it hasn't been great either. It's settled in quite nicely on Friday nights, I would be shocked to see a second series.

I took a break and managed to watch the last three one after the other. I actually quite like it, I mean it has its terrible moments but I've really enjoyed it over all. I kind of hope there is a second series now we have the ball rolling.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 14 2013, 3:57 PM BST

It's a conventional sitcom with one liners and the occasional slapstick scene. I can't see why they didn't make a "studio sitcom" out of it.

It's definitely no "modern" "realistic" comedy of cringe type thing (Aaron loves to hate). So why no laugh track?

Because it was too dull and dry in style and humour.

It's closer to a conventional comedy drama, albeit with traditional sitcommy jokes sprinkled about, than to a conventional sitcom.

Big School had a good premise, but it was wayyyyyyyyyy too much Churchie and not enough of the supporting characters. I get that its Walliams' show, but c'mon, dude doesn't have to be in 96% of the screen time. Churchie isn't exactly a great character going into it.

I wanted to see more of Pam, more of Baa Baa Barton, more of the headmistress, and definitely storylines leading with the band teacher and the perv of a gym teacher. The French teacher to me is just as boring as Churchie, and overused as eye candy. Hell, they aren't even using the kids right - a one liner for them sums it up.

This could have been so much better had they got some real writers in there that wrote the show for an ensemble and not a star vehicle for Walliams. This ain't Little Britain.

Rewatching this on Netflix. Enjoyed it when it was first aired, but enjoying it more second time round, for some reason.

I don't remember much from it, only that I liked and even wrote about it very favourably somewhere.