Badults - Series 1 Page 9

I like this, but I do find it a little bit painful to watch at times. I will give them 100% kudos for the strong effort though.

Worst yet, painful to watch and trying to hard

Quote: OTTY @ August 23 2013, 12:09 PM BST

Worst yet, painful to watch and trying to hard

Somehow it's been renewed for a second series.

I stumbled across an episode of this and am thinking of invoicing the BBC for my time. Unbelievably awful, but they get another series.
The mind boggles.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ August 23 2013, 10:37 PM BST

Somehow it's been renewed for a second series.

Baffling, maybe I should write a letter to the Director General of the BBC and let him know you can watch Family Guy on Fox, so, really, there's no need show it on BBC3, and indeed no need then for BBC3.

They should have not axed The Royle Family and axed this instead.

Quote: David Smith @ August 27 2013, 2:42 PM BST

They should have not axed The Royle Family and axed this instead.

Totally agree, this Badults is a right load of tosh, it has got to be one of the worst Television Programmes ever made!

It really needs to pick up the pace in series two. there are some nice ideas and scripts are well put together, but the whole end result is a mess. Tighter writing, less obvious gags/ideas/clothes etc.

Also, they really need to define the characters a lot more. You could see a certain development during the series, but this really needs to be taken further.
Also, the comedy acting has to have more nuance, it's just so shouty/breathy all the time. And the girl who plays the sister just is not a good actor, nor a deliverer of funny lines.

So, I think there are good signs for the next series, but resting on laurels woild be a huge disappointment.

Whatever they do to try and improve the show, I won't watch it, because the biggest problem for me with Badults is the 3 leads: their delivery is terrible and I just find them irritating.

Happy to say I've really enjoyed the series. Yes there were weak links, but that's true of every programme, and I don't think there was anything that outright didn't work.

Just heard this has actually been recommissioned for CBBC.

This right to comment or voice opinions so vehemently and angrily is really getting boring. I just don't understand it, if you don't like something don't watch it. Why come onto an obscure forum, I assume created for people who want to know about the show, and talk about your bowel movements whilst watching it? Some of us really don't care. This is all subjective isn't it? I also find some people's instance on following this forum when it clearly provides them with very little comfort so bewildering. Why not invest such vitriolic passion into something that matters, write your own sitcom or set up a fundraiser to help people with anger management. I came on here to find out about the new series, more fool me for trying such a route again. True to form, the people of the internet use it to spit and gripe and moan. What a great gift we were given and all we can use it for is airing tiresome pointless vendettas and pretending it all matters. Most of the 'pissed off ones' (which you're totally unentitled to be btw) will go away in a couple of minutes, eat three slices of toast with peanut butter on it instead of the 2 you promised yourselves and then complain about your fat arms that NO ONE else has noticed. But it's all so valid isn't it.

But here I am too, wasting 231 words too many on something that will, unfortunately, never just GO AWAY.

I loved Badults, silly, funny, endearing and so joyous. If anyone can shed any light on when the next series will air, I'd be grateful (preferably without inserting your own suggestions for 'better' sitcoms here. If I didn't ask for them, it's likely I have seen them and loved them or possibly didn't like them. But that's ok. Really.) Jeez.

Which one are you?

Let's not be too harsh on 'Badults' - it did star the BCG's Matthew Stott, after all.