BCG Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 Page 45

In contrast I forgot to do anything so ended up with last week's team.

Slipping down table tonight but will take medicine and come back stronger. 76pts is a FANTASTIC score given I had no Suarez.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 27 2013, 8:43 PM GMT

Slipping down table tonight but will take medicine and come back stronger. 76pts is a FANTASTIC score given I had no Suarez.

Then my advice is BUY SUAREZ. :)

Not often you score 83 points and lose a place. A unique achievement. Thanks Splodge Angry

83 wasn't bad for me either.
If it hadn't been for that meddling captain picker it could have been better.

You've gone up the table Don you donut

Quote: roscoff @ October 27 2013, 9:04 PM GMT

Not often you score 83 points and lose a place. A unique achievement. Thanks Splodge Angry

Actually I've stayed the same. As you were.

Then my advice is BUY SUAREZ. :)

Buying him this week but I'm reluctant cos EVERYONE will own him soon. And if everyone owns the same player, he becomes irrelevant.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 27 2013, 9:21 PM GMT

You've gone up the table Don you donut

Haha. Tried out new gym/leisure centre today. Spent 6 hours playing tennis and squash, will blame poor maths on that.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 27 2013, 10:04 PM GMT

Buying him this week but I'm reluctant cos EVERYONE will own him soon. And if everyone owns the same player, he becomes irrelevant.

He becomes the constant around which you build the rest. If he continues on this form you can't afford not to have him unless you find similar elsewhere and I don't see it at the moment. Anyway that's me shooting the breeze. Rooney also red hot too could be alternative Errr

Quote: roscoff @ October 27 2013, 10:01 PM GMT

Actually I've stayed the same. As you were.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 27 2013, 8:43 PM GMT

76pts is a FANTASTIC score given I had no Suarez.

I quite agree. They're throwing away defensive points this season. Your defence scored 33pts. That's a ridiculous amount for 4 clean sheets and 1 assist. It's more than you ever managed with 'Donaggedon'. :D

If they can't get the bonus system to work properly they should just abolish it. Last year it seemed a bit arbitrary, but this year it's just evened out the play to a ridiculous level.

How can you give the same bonus points to Mertesacker as Suarez? If you'd captained him you would have got 18 points! And he didn't even give an assist, just a cleanie. Captaining Vertongen would have given you 24pts for 1 assist versus Suarez's 34pts for a hattrick. That's just f**ked.

Quote: roscoff @ October 27 2013, 10:10 PM GMT

If he continues on this form you can't afford not to have him unless you find similar elsewhere and I don't see it at the moment.

Suarez doesn't have form, he just has an on and of switch. When he blanked at Reading late last season he put 7 balls on target. He's the best striker in PL by a very long way and the most complete striker in that he tracks back and works for others.

It amazes me that anyone would consider not having him in their team.

He should have been player of the year last year and he would have won the golden boot if he hadn't been banned for a stupid amount of games.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 27 2013, 9:21 PM GMT

83 wasn't bad for me either.

It's amazing and way more than you deserve. ;)

You're another one benefitting from a 30pt backline with no goals or assists.

Quote: roscoff @ October 26 2013, 11:55 PM BST

Suarez was my captain but I changed to Ramsey as I considered WBA defence to be superior. What a good move!

I actually don't think that was a bad move. Ramsay was my vice captain. West Brom defence is superior plus Suarez had never scored against West Brom - all good reasons. You might even add he looked tired the last time he played, which he did.

Quote: Splodge @ October 28 2013, 9:17 AM GMT

:D pmsl-Don't do it again Angry

Speaking of Halloween..
What are Godot's thoughts on the weekend matches.

I've jumped on the bandwagon and brought in a Southampton defender. I'm praying that the Arsenal v Liverpool game is a high scoring draw as I have Özil, Ramsey and Suarez on the pitch this week.

Quote: Ben @ October 31 2013, 10:06 PM GMT

I've jumped on the bandwagon and brought in a Southampton defender.

I dunno, I can't get excited about Southampton. They seem a bit colourless and machine like.

I've not fielded any players so far that play in red and white stripes, which is funny because my son has an irrational phobia to red and white stripe kits. But that's not what's stopping me. Just none of those three teams have got players I'm sufficiently interested in/impressed by. I nearly had Charlie Adam in my squad at the start though. I thought Stoke might be a bit more free scoring under Hughes - got that wrong.

I'm praying that the Arsenal v Liverpool game is a high scoring draw as I have Özil, Ramsey and Suarez on the pitch this week.

Why a draw? Do you still think Utd can catch them up?

It's a difficult fixture.
So is Chelsea Everton, both could be cagey draws.