PhoneShop - Series 3 Page 2

Not a bad episode probably not a great scenario to use as an opener but decent all the same.

I actually thought this was one of the better episodes, yes them being stoned was totally unrealistic, but the guy that plays Christopher really came in to his own, it was nice seeing him being a bit different and he really made the episode for me, especially the line "look at me, look at me, don't look at me".

As I said before this is a grower but the more I watch the more I start to enjoy it.

The "look at me, don't look at me" is pinched from Time Gentlemen Please from 2002. When he got barman's hand he said it a lot, towards the end of Series 2. It's hard to write something original now. Yes, Chris was funnier than Ashley and Jerwayne though.

Ah I see, but then in the trailer for Alpha Papa, Alan uses the line "welcome to big school" which Jeremy says to "lovely" Stu in an episode of Peep Show. I guess funny lines will always get used over and over again, but the PhoneShop thing is probably more of a direct rip off. Having not seen much of Al Murray it was funny to me.

I think the problem is the storyline is stretched out much too long. If this was condensed to 10 minutes it would be quite funny.

Enjoyed last night's episode. Shame that Chris wasn't really in it, but the ending was gold. The bit after the credits rolled was fantastic.

Erm a bit funny last night. Anyone noticed Janine is getting sidelined? If the whole series runs like this they should pull the plug on it. It's best that sitcoms end on a high though and wrapped up.

I really enjoyed last night's episode but I feel it's a shame that hardly any of the episode was in the shop and we didn't really get to see Lance, Janine or Chris. Funny episode though, had me crying with laughter especially the ending with that dog. Laughing out loud

I've only just got round to watching any Phoneshop and I've been going back through the first two series. Think the performances are great and the first episode of this new one was manic hilarity. Was a bit disappointed at the second one - seemed to be like the weakest out of all those I've seen, it felt slow and sparse and I missed the shop and the occasional ensemble feel. I hope it picks up. I agree we need more Janine. Emma Fryer is a tad underused overall, I think, and she's subtly great.

I really enjoyed last night's episode, had to be the strongest episode yet.

Quote: G180e @ August 9 2013, 5:54 PM BST

I really enjoyed last night's episode, had to be the strongest episode yet.

There were some great lines again.

'You can't catch belly off low-cal juice' Laughing out loud

'New man got the cure for aids. Basically, you just give people aids' Laughing out loud

Who is Mrs Newman? I remember meeting her at Hackbridge railway station when I was working there a couple of years ago.

Really enjoyed last night's episode too, loved the so-called celebrities at the party Laughing out loud Shame they only make six episodes, it's nearly the end already!

Last episode tonight, I felt this series has been the strongest so far with the exception of episode 4 which I found crass and not funny. The advert for tonight's looks great, Newman trying to act more like Ashley and Jerwayne should be funny!

Quote: Julio Lluvia @ August 29 2013, 7:25 PM BST

Last episode tonight, I felt this series has been the strongest so far with the exception of episode 4 which I found crass and not funny. The advert for tonight's looks great, Newman trying to act more like Ashley and Jerwayne should be funny!

Really enjoyed this series a lot, I hope they go on to make some more episodes as I really do enjoy the series.