Overrated sitcoms? Page 19

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 28th June 2015, 7:24 PM BST

....? Your point Wimslett?

Read the quote, BN. Thought it was rather sweet.

Quote: TheRappingFrenchman @ 29th June 2015, 12:40 PM BST

Both shows are equally hilarious and fantastic, and Look Around You is a bizarrely accurate representation of so many educational science videos. Worryingly so, in fact.

I think I learned more from Look Around You than I did from science lessons at school. I always make sure I have good supply of 'Garry Gum' now.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 30th June 2015, 2:09 PM BST

I think I learned more from Look Around You than I did from science lessons at school. I always make sure I have good supply of 'Garry Gum' now.

I am attending various evening courses on psychology and kept thinking about 'The Brobe'.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th June 2015, 1:23 PM BST

Read the quote, BN. Thought it was rather sweet.

:D

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 30th June 2015, 6:03 PM BST

I am attending various evening courses on psychology and kept thinking about 'The Brobe'.

:D

It feels like I've got that condition at the moment. Except I at least get to actually sneeze, then sneeze again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 30th June 2015, 8:05 PM BST

It feels like I've got that condition at the moment. Except I at least get to actually sneeze, then sneeze again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

Bloody brilliant - they were looking at the brain again during last night's class, where, bizarrely somebody thought that Andrew Sachs was the name of an emiment psychologist?? I did say that he was the actor who played Manuel...

I have re-invigorated the Look Around You thread just in case we're going off topic. Unimpressed

Birds Of A Feather on ITV is overrated. I gave up on the last series. It should go back to the BBC!

Gavin And Stacey, Mrs. Brown's Boys, Miranda and The Inbetweeners spring to mind when I think of overrated sitcoms.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st July 2015, 11:19 AM BST

Bloody brilliant - they were looking at the brain again during last night's class, where, bizarrely somebody thought that Andrew Sachs was the name of an emiment psychologist?? I did say that he was the actor who played Manuel...

I have re-invigorated the Look Around You thread just in case we're going off topic. Unimpressed

To be honest, that was purely subconscious/inadvertent. I was really just frustrated with the very strong hay fever I get every year. But I do love Look Around You.

Never got the appeal of Fawlty Towers. Maybe it's because I can't stand John Cleese. I've not got into The Big Bang Theory but my wife loves it.

Quote: alan1967 @ 4th December 2015, 12:20 AM GMT

Never got the appeal of Fawlty Towers. Maybe it's because I can't stand John Cleese. I've not got into The Big Bang Theory but my wife loves it.

The BBT has certainly gone on far too long, as is the case with most sitcoms, especially US ones, that run on for more than half a dozen series at best. It's got very repetitive now and also quite annoying. I like FT but get why you don't like John Cleese. I heard him in re-runs of the utterly cack I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again on Radio 4E.

Someone mentioned Gavin and Stacey, which, considering the unanimous critical praise and good viewing figures, is well overrated. Occasionally amusing at best and that's mostly down to Rob Brydon's character.

I never 'got' Only Fools and Horses but I'm in something of a minority here.

Sorry to repeat myself, but anyone who still quotes Blackadder should be flayed alive.
Some people say The Young Ones is overrated. 5.54 - 5.58 www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM7dxdi4o_8

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 30th January 2016, 11:11 AM GMT

Sorry to repeat myself, but anyone who still quotes Blackadder should be flayed alive.

I don't know anyone who quotes any sitcoms.

Quote: Alexei Q @ 15th January 2016, 10:28 AM GMT

utterly cack I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again

Yeah but it was years ago.
If you don't like John Lennon or Paul McCartney or George Harrison or the other one, you probably won't like The Beatles.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th January 2016, 11:16 AM GMT

I don't know anyone who quotes any sitcoms.

Blackadder was great but honestly, it got quoted to death.