QI - Series K Page 3

Dara O'Briain, David Mitchell and Ross Noble/Sandy Toksvig.

Sean Lock, David Mitchell, Rob Brydon

Sandy Toksvig, Sean Lock, andddd... Sue Perkins'll do.
Oh, and Liza Tarbuck. Alan will have to have the week off.

Quote: zooo @ September 26 2013, 5:20 PM BST

Alan will have to have the week off.

Which would in itself make it my dream line-up.

Is it just me or has David Mitchell got a lot less funny on panel shows lately? He doesn't seem to make much of an effort anymore and his energy is very low key compared to before.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ September 29 2013, 10:48 PM BST

Is it just me or has David Mitchell got a lot less funny on panel shows lately? He doesn't seem to make much of an effort anymore and his energy is very low key compared to before.

Minimal input last week. Hard to compete with Ross Noble hogging things, though. That said, they chose to use Noble's stuff in the edit so maybe Mitchell's contribution wasn't stellar.

Quote: italophile @ October 1 2013, 9:24 AM BST

Hard to compete with Ross Noble hogging things,

At least Noble does it in a bearable and sometimes funny way (imo)...unlike Phill Jupitus who makes seconds feel like hours of wasted time.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 26 2013, 12:30 PM BST

Dara O'Briain, David Mitchell and Ross Noble/Sandy Toksvig.

Correction of my top line-up:

Bill Bailey/Dara O Brian, Sandi Toksvig/David Mitchell and Ross Noble/Greg Davies.

So basically, it has to be two sophistcated ones and one that is more clownish.

Quote: GallonOfAlan @ September 26 2013, 12:24 PM BST

So who's your ideal QI guest list then?

Probably Sean Lock, Dara O'Briain and John Sessions for me.

David Mitchell, Dara O'Briain and Roni Ancona.

I liked this episode...I prefer Jeremy Clakson to annoying guys like Phill Jupitus*.

*At least annoying in Q.I.; I don't know about his performance in other shows.

Watching Fry simulate forced deepthroating is an image I'm not going to quickly forget.

Saw only the last 20 minutes of last night's show, but It'll be the last. Fed up with Alan Davies, and his antics. He doesn't know when to stop. It's either his fault, or the editors', but I've had enough.

Davies is a bore, who seems to think that if there is the slightest a risk of the show becoming vaguely interesting, that he is expected to play up to his role as disruptive class clown, as indeed do most of the other regular panellists - Bailey, Noble, Jupitus go to the back of the class.

However, this week Toksvig and the black lad actually has something to contribute, while even Manford was surprisingly tolerable. The producers must have been tearing their hair out at the lack of dumbing down, it being accepted wisdom at the BBC that the public have the attention span of a golden orfe with AHD.

Oooh, Graham Linehan next week. I'm looking forward to that. His debut?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 12 2013, 11:44 AM BST

Oooh, Graham Linehan next week. I'm looking forward to that. His debut?

I liked him in HIGNFY...very shy, but the few things he said were witty and funny.

Was Alan Davies high during tonight's episode?