QI - Series K Page 2

Quote: Tony Cowards @ September 16 2013, 11:28 AM BST

he's taken up the Phil Jupitus mantle of never knowing when to shut up.

Yes, that can be annoying.

Ross Noble is really starting to irritate me

Christ, yes!
Ok , you've got long hair - now get over it!

Also someone needs to invent a word (John Lloyd, ideally) for that face/gesture they all feel they have to make when the scores are announced.

And the running gag of Alan Davies getting the most out of place buzzer noise gets boring as well.

Quote: Lazzard @ September 16 2013, 1:33 PM BST

Also someone needs to invent a word (John Lloyd, ideally) for that face/gesture they all feel they have to make when the scores are announced.

You can suggest one. The website for the new Afterliff book has a section to donate your own Liffs, in the event that thye create a fourth book.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 16 2013, 2:01 PM BST

And the running gag of Alan Davies getting the most out of place buzzer noise gets boring as well.

The worst is when his buzzer noise is not very out of place or even funny, and yet the audience laughs their heads off anyways. I swear I've heard the audience laugh when his buzzer was nothing from than a bell! WHY??? They are just so trained to laugh at Alan's buzzer they don't even wait to see if it's funny before they start doing it!

Definitely not enjoying QI as much as I used to. Trying to have new comedians each time causes some flow disruption. I used to like the combo of Alan, 2 semi regulars and a new person. Now it has got slightly out of hand in my opinion. Like Just A Minute when it goes to the Edinborough fringe. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Have to record today's episode...Rob Brydon is one of the guests, isn't he?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 20 2013, 7:32 PM BST

Have to record today's episode...Rob Brydon is one of the guests, isn't he?

Not according to the banner at the top and bottom of this thread he isn't, no!

Quote: radiat10n @ September 20 2013, 8:13 PM BST

Not according to the banner at the top and bottom of this thread he isn't, no!

Hmm...don't know why my brain made me think that. Maybe I mixed up my anticipation for QI and Would I Lie to You?.

Hmm...why Ross Noble again?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ September 21 2013, 8:59 AM BST

Hmm...don't know why my brain made me think that. Maybe I mixed up my anticipation for QI and Would I Lie to You?.

Hmm...why Ross Noble again?

That's next week's episode. This week it is Phill Jupitus, Josh Widdicombe and Katherine Ryan.

Quote: fustidious @ September 19 2013, 10:05 PM BST

Definitely not enjoying QI as much as I used to. Trying to have new comedians each time causes some flow disruption. I used to like the combo of Alan, 2 semi regulars and a new person. Now it has got slightly out of hand in my opinion. Like Just A Minute when it goes to the Edinborough fringe. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

The problem here is that seemingly for every one person who thinks they are too many new guests there are people who think they are too few. In terms of fandom I think QI is a kingdom divided amongst itself and it can never please everyone who watches it.

Watched it now. Wasn't one of the better episodes imo.

Ross Noble is really starting to irritate me, he's taken up the Phil Jupitus mantle of never knowing when to shut up.

Alan Davies is getting annoying. He doesn't know when to shut up!
I feel it needs a revamp!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 21 2013, 11:27 AM BST

In terms of fandom I think QI is a kingdom divided amongst itself and it can never please everyone who watches it.

Isn't that like most TV shows though?

Quote: Gluben @ September 25 2013, 8:58 PM BST

Isn't that like most TV shows though?

I can't speak for every show currently on the air, but with QI I think this sort of thing does stand out more.

So who's your ideal QI guest list then?

Probably Sean Lock, Dara O'Briain and John Sessions for me.