Peter Kay Page 2

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 25 2013, 8:22 PM GMT

Is he writing it, too? If so, looking forward to it.

No , he's not writing it. But he is Directing it and starring in it. I feel it's a shame , it would be better if Peter was writing it. ;)

Oh...hmm...then slightly less interested; though I'm sure I'll give it a look.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 25 2013, 8:25 PM GMT

Oh...hmm...then slightly less interested; though I'm sure I'll give it a look.

Yes I feel the same!

Heard about his new comedy?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 25 2013, 8:22 PM GMT

Is he writing it, too? If so, looking forward to it.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001101/peter_kay_new_bbc_one_sitcom_car_share_iplayer/

Is anybody else excited for his new tour? I think it's become rather fashionable of late to mock Peter Kay and his style. Even I stayed away for a long time, thinking it would be trite and cliched. But when I eventually sat down to watch the Bolton Albert Halls DVD, I was pleasantly surprised at just how good he was, so I will try and get tickets for the new tour.

Apparently he's keeping ticket prices as low as possible, which it turns out means they start from £35 but go up to I think £65. I'm not going to worry too much though, the last tour was something like a hundred dates so there must be loads more to be announced after these sell out.

Always thought him excellent.
There's an immense amount of snobbish-ness surrounding him.
I think he's not liked on 'the circuit' - nicked gags etc etc.
But to my mind "It's the way you tell them"
And boy, does he know his audience.
I have come closer to death through laughter from watching this guy than anyone else.
And this from a Stewart Lee fan.

Oh no, I agree with Lazzard...

His misheard lyrics sketch is hilarious - even after several watchings.

Peter Kay is a top comedy talent, so pleased he's back

No cruelty, racism, or sexism. Likeable personality, rapport with his audience. One of the greats. Good to have him back.

He's very good, but he's got a lot to answer for by helping make Paddy McGuinness a household name.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th November 2022, 11:14 AM

........ And boy, does he know his audience.
I have come closer to death through laughter from watching this guy than anyone else.
And this from a Stewart Lee fan.

Same here. Phil learnt his trade bouncing off the audience at a Bingo Hall.
Stuart Lee is great in a small pub of students, but Phil can re-create that same cozy intimacy in a Stadium.

Quote: Firkin @ 10th November 2022, 5:27 PM

Same here. Phil learnt his trade bouncing off the audience at a Bingo Hall.
Stuart Lee is great in a small pub of students, but Phil can re-create that same cozy intimacy in a Stadium.

Phil?

Phil Cool.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th November 2022, 6:14 PM

Phil?

Good point, well spotted. Peter Kay , not Phil Kay. I was very close (for a dyslexic) though.