Peter Kay

I did a search for "Peter Kay" threads but there isn't actually one just dedicated to him. Personally, I love Peter's work. His stand-up is excellent and so are Phoenix Nights and Max & Paddy. What're everyone else's thoughts? ;)

Do you remember those threads when people talked about Peter Kay? Do you? Your Nan would go on about Peter Kay wouldn't she, your Nan? What was that all about?

Quote: Badge @ March 10 2013, 6:06 PM GMT

Do you remember those threads when people talked about Peter Kay? Do you? Your Nan would go on about Peter Kay wouldn't she, your Nan? What was that all about?

??? Eh?

:D

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Oh, Badge! You should put that on a DVD!

And another one.

Ooh - it's Christmas! Another one.

I've always enjoyed Peter Kay's style of comedy. "That Peter Kay Thing" is well funny, as is "Phoenix Nights".

Laughing out loud

Does anyone remember That Peter Kay Thing, which I think he did before Phoenix Nights, that were really good.

Quote: AbbyJ1992 @ March 12 2013, 10:00 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Does anyone remember That Peter Kay Thing, which I think he did before Phoenix Nights, that were really good.

Pleased Yes I remember that but I didn't think it was as good as Phoenix Nights. I always thought Max and Paddy was the best one out of the three!

He's lazy, greedy, repetitive and exploitative rip-off merchant - oh, and a good enough actor to hide (or at least get away with) most of these things.

Quote: G180e @ March 13 2013, 8:23 PM GMT

Pleased Yes I remember that but I didn't think it was as good as Phoenix Nights. I always thought Max and Paddy was the best one out of the three!

much agreed G180e I love max and paddy and phoenix nights

Quote: george roper @ March 22 2013, 11:25 AM GMT

much agreed G180e I love max and paddy and phoenix nights

;) Cheers , George!

Comedian Peter Kay is to make his first BBC One sitcom, but the show, titled Car Share, will go out on TV only after making its debut on the BBC iPlayer.

Kay plays a supermarket worker forced to spend his commute with a colleague as part of a company car-share scheme.

The star has also directed the six half-hour episodes.

The series will be the first to be made available online on the iPlayer in its entirety before being broadcast on a BBC TV channel.

The iPlayer is mainly used as a catch-up service, but Car Share is part of a trial in which 40 hours of programming will be made available online first.

'Spiralling conversations'

BBC One controller Danny Cohen said: "It is hugely exciting that Peter Kay is coming to BBC One with his new series - even more so with the innovative plan we have to launch the show online."

Quote: lofthouse @ March 25 2013, 8:15 PM GMT

Comedian Peter Kay is to make his first BBC One sitcom, but the show, titled Car Share, will go out on TV only after making its debut on the BBC iPlayer.

Kay plays a supermarket worker forced to spend his commute with a colleague as part of a company car-share scheme.

The star has also directed the six half-hour episodes.

The series will be the first to be made available online on the iPlayer in its entirety before being broadcast on a BBC TV channel.

The iPlayer is mainly used as a catch-up service, but Car Share is part of a trial in which 40 hours of programming will be made available online first.

'Spiralling conversations'

BBC One controller Danny Cohen said: "It is hugely exciting that Peter Kay is coming to BBC One with his new series - even more so with the innovative plan we have to launch the show online."

Sounds interesting...

Is he writing it, too? If so, looking forward to it.