Support British Comedy!!! Page 2

lol... So much talk of death on this forum... Do we have any positive or happy comments like G180E

Quote: G180e @ February 15 2013, 8:11 PM GMT

Glad to see someone's putting effort into making something funny!

Somebody just came into our house and stamped their muddy feet all over of shiny clean forum.

You pretty much spammed the site by creating multiple threads advertising your project. You're allowed to promote your comedy but if everyone came in here and did what you did, then there would be chaos.

Play it cool.

Quote: chelseaboyluke @ February 15 2013, 8:26 PM GMT

lol... So much talk of death on this forum... Do we have any positive or happy comments like G180E

Thanks , I'm a positive Guy! Cool

Comedy Projects should be supported on this site, no matter what. Millions Of Pounds are funded by the BFI and other organisations to support other genre's. Take Seven Psychopaths for instance, one of the best black comedies of the year but won f**k all BAFTA's.... When did a Sandler Film ever win an Oscar? This is a comedy community and we have to support and defend all comedy no matter what cus no one else does... I actually didn't mean to post so many threads, never used a forum before... I come from a background in Documentary Making and being from Sheffield which hosts the doc fest, networking is much easier and simpler... Many apologise for messing up your floor....

Quote: chelseaboyluke @ February 15 2013, 8:41 PM GMT

Comedy Projects should be supported on this site, no matter what. Millions Of Pounds are funded by the BFI and other organisations to support other genre's. Take Seven Psychopaths for instance, one of the best black comedies of the year but won f**k all BAFTA's.... When did a Sandler Film ever win an Oscar? This is a comedy community and we have to support and defend all comedy no matter what cus no one else does... I actually didn't mean to post so many threads, never used a forum before... I come from a background in Documentary Making and being from Sheffield which hosts the doc fest, networking is much easier and simpler... Many apologise for messing up your floor....

I agree we should all support each other in our comedy ventures.

When did a Sandler Film ever win an Oscar?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: G180e @ February 15 2013, 8:43 PM GMT

I agree we should all support each other in our comedy ventures.

England

Quote: Lee @ February 15 2013, 8:23 PM GMT

All our Mum's died at some point.

Yes

But we see them again one day.......

Was just an example Harridan... You could apply it to Seth Rogan, Seth Green or Rowan Atkinson... How many of these comedian have won Oscar nominations??? Comedy is always an overlooked genre when it comes to awards, we all know the Oscars...etc are popularity contests ran by capitalistic studio's butthat's not really the point.... This is where comedy is made at the grass roots and then supported by communities like this one, we don't need to produce oscar or BAFTA winning shiz, we just need to make people laugh or make people smile and then we done our job....

There's always the Comedy Awards.

Just because we don't want you to spam the website doesn't mean we don't want you to succeed. It's just bad netiquette to post identical messages everywhere.

I meant more mainstream awards that are open to a range of genres'... Comedy never does well... I actually thought they were separate forums and that this page was just a feed... I am new to forums

Support is appreciated Harridan... Its not really about doing well. Its about being given a chance to express my sense of humour and that of the other guys involved... We was already to shoot and my camera broke which is why we started fund raising in the first place... Cant film without a camera lol Need a lighting kit too....

Comedy Projects should be supported on this site, no matter what.

And that's why we're supporting Chris Langham's comeback.

As is the daily mail, telegraph, Independent... We need to back every project that comes forward no matter how big any way we can, even if its just to create a buzz or a slight bit of interest. My project may be truly shit, granted its probably not going to be the same as Chris Langhams Comeback but hey, it an attempt at comedy...

Quote: chelseaboyluke @ February 15 2013, 9:07 PM GMT

My project may be truly shit, granted

Granted

Guess you won't find out if you don't donate lol: How deep are your pockets Roscoff?