Support British Comedy!!! Page 4

Dude,why don't you just put it on You Tube as a Web Series? If you get enough hits in to the thousands, you might get company's wanting to put ads on your page. This way could be a back door in to TV if it proves popular.

It seems like it could be a British version of The Onion,it could do well. Here is one of my favourites from The onion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3jMoFJrBQ

Good Luck mukka. But do yourself a favor,Don't put anymore ads up.

Cheers Nigel ;)

Quote: Sinon @ February 15 2013, 9:33 PM GMT

I'm a bit confused. These 'endorsements'... How did that come about?

Quote: chelseaboyluke @ February 15 2013, 9:39 PM GMT

I skiped the introduction and there is no video to wave in your face as of yet which is why donations would be appreciated but likes and shares would be just as helpful... Ok, let me introduce myself. My names Luke, I am a film maker from Sheffield, having just finished studying Media Arts and Film and Popular Culture In Twickenham I was looking for work with Sky Sports, Channel 4 and the BBC... I got a job working for Love Film but was signed off long term cus of Bipolar and mild psychosis... I hate doing nothing with my time so produced a film for the Sheffield Doc Fest which is screening this year. I then started working with community radio presenters and schools to run a video and radio production enrichment program.... Now I want to make this comedy series cus I met a writer and loved his script... I spent my savings to allow me to construct the set and now I am trying to get funding to bring it to film..... All help is really appreciated and support received with gratitude..... That ok?

Yes, but I'm still not giving you any money unless you have a talent for balancing cucumbers, vinegar bottles and tennis rackets on your ear. Take it or leave it.

Quote: sootyj @ February 15 2013, 9:18 PM GMT

nb Kickstarter is some sort of online loony bin for desperate people trying to raise money for shit projects.

Obviously you'll get a lot of chancers with shit projects, but you get good stuff too.

Quote: Sinon @ February 15 2013, 9:43 PM GMT

When we was developing the idea, we wrote to various different bloggers, comedy news sites and comedy broadcasters... We sent details of the project as well as including our first draft script... We asked them whether they endorse our project and for general feedback. Some wouldn't endorse the project and the ones listed did.

Some sites are doing articles next week on the project and we have had some interest from the local press. The Sheffield Star doing a piece next Tuesday.

All this helps expose the project... If you don't like the idea then its personal preference, you can't please everyone.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 15 2013, 9:46 PM GMT

Obviously you'll get a lot of chancers with shit projects, but you get good stuff too.

I speak from bitter experience, I put in £20 to support the reprint of the Morrow Project.

Something both to pathetic and obscure to truly mock.

Quote: chelseaboyluke @ February 15 2013, 9:54 PM GMT
Quote: Sinon @ February 15 2013, 9:43 PM GMT

When we was developing the idea, we wrote to various different bloggers, comedy news sites and comedy broadcasters... We sent details of the project as well as including our first draft script... We asked them whether they endorse our project and for general feedback. Some wouldn't endorse the project and the ones listed did.

Some sites are doing articles next week on the project and we have had some interest from the local press. The Sheffield Star doing a piece next Tuesday.

All this helps expose the project... If you don't like the idea then its personal preference, you can't please everyone.

Ta. I was a bit confused about the 500 quid really. It read, to me, as company A and Comany B will do XY and Z if we can show support by having people donate.

No worries, they endorsed the project idea and the script, offered advice that we took on board while writing the final draft butthat's as far as it goes with Dave TV and Comedy Central... Such Small Portions endorsed the idea and want to cover the project in one of their articles and BEAT 100 will be an outlet for the series and pretty much support anything that will be uploaded to their site.

Hope that explains it all :)

Ta, again. Is there no funding for young people doing projects like yours there? You might at least get the use of a camera?

Not really... Cus its not a social Enterprise. My documentaries have been funded by the BFI and Arts Council but they don't support projects this small.... This was our only option really. We have tried to borrow equipment from the local college but they cannot guarantee it for our use which is a problem.

There no point in doing it if your not going to do it properly and do justice to all the hard workthat's already been put in. We would like to have all the equipment at our disposal so we can hit all our deadlines. We want to upload 2 videos per week and we have those slots to fill on Community TV as well.

If we are having to scrap for equipment, we will be wasting valuable time and quality will be sacrificed... Like you said, the onion looks professional and the quality is high.

The onion is completely actor based, we have to convince people that our stories are true for it to work... Thats what makes us different in the sense we are getting real reactions to these false stories.

It might not work, same with any project but then the equipment is there to try something new or improve the format of this idea.

You have had a bumpy ride on here so far Luke. I think your set looks the business so my congratulations for that. Spoof news sites are not really my thing so I won't be donating but I wish you all the best in your venture. have you thought of hiring out your set to others doing a similar thing, or sharing resources with them ( they use your set, you use their camera etc.)?

Cheers Will... Tell me about it lol... Will get there :)

Quote: chelseaboyluke @ February 15 2013, 10:38 PM GMT

There no point in doing it if your not going to do it properly

You built a lovely set, then ran out of money for essential equipment. Hardly doing things properly, is it?

We didnt run out of money. We had everything we needed but the camera exploded on me and realised all the lighting we had was to the rear so needed more frontal lighting sothat's what happened really

So it was more poor contingency planning... You live you learn I suppose