What are you watching on TV? Page 2,114

Yes there was a uk version of jeopardy!

On channel 4

Yes, back when we had 4 tv channels

4 channels of good tv - then we copied you lot and now we have 300 channels of craaaaaaaaaap

Electric Dreams. Second one of the series. Last week's was very good.

I'm watching (serious) Countdown for the first time in ages. I can't believe how bored Susie and Rachel look.

Liam Gallagher on Graham Norton last night.

Toe curling would be an understatement, with Chris Rock, Idris Elba and Kate Winslet collective jaw-dropping clearly not believing their eyes or ears at this sight of a mass nervous tic spouting bollocks.

At one point he tried to explain why he thought he and his brother didn't get on and there would be no chance of a reunion, by saying it all stemmed from when he was 14 pissed out of his head, not being able to find the toilet in the dark (put a light on? Or is that too simple) and deciding as he couldn't find his way out of the family lounge he would piss all over Noel's Hi-Fi, which was his newly bought pride and joy.

Yup, Liam you one celled, Cro-Magnon ignoramus, that would do it.

What a (to keep "flavour") f**king boring brainless twat.

I was listening to Chris Evans' radio show last week and because Liam Gallagher was appearing in the studio for an interview he played one of the songs from his new album and he really hyped it up saying how good it was and what a cracking album it is but the song was worse than a crap demo and it sounded predictable and dated. The same old Oasis guitar riffs and chord patterns and the same old wailing singing. Wonderwall is ok but everything else they did was shite. Having said that Noel is a good musician, Liam is not. They are like Arnie and De Vito in Twins :D

Thankfully I got to work before the interview as I'm sure it would have been the predictable cocky and arrogant persona and harping on about his feud with Noel. He even criticised Noel when he played in a benefit concert for the Manchester Arena bombing. What a tosser.

XTC: This is Pop on Sky Arts.

Documentary about XTC - very interesting.

tatortreininger (crime scene cleaner) - a surprisingly funny german sitcom on netflix.

Portugal vs. Switzerland.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th October 2017, 9:17 PM

Noel is a good musician, Liam is not.

Have you seen the recent trainwreck where Foo Fighters invited him out to sing "Come Together" and the supposed Beatles lover didn't know the words? He mangled the lyrics and had to resort to a huge printed version, but his singing was so terrible that he just had a buxom blonde from the audience sing the rest of the song while he went for a crowd surf. They should have dropped him on his head. I expect that it wouldn't be the first time.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th October 2017, 8:59 PM

Have you seen the recent trainwreck where Foo Fighters invited him out to sing "Come Together" and the supposed Beatles lover didn't know the words? He mangled the lyrics and had to resort to a huge printed version, but his singing was so terrible that he just had a buxom blonde from the audience sing the rest of the song while he went for a crowd surf. They should have dropped him on his head. I expect that it wouldn't be the first time.

That is the worst guest performance in history and I now see him in a completely different light. Foo Fighters are the biggest band in the world but Noel turns it in to amature hour. He probably got loaded and couldn't handle it which is sad because I thought he was more pro than that. The band look horrified all the way though and so not in to it and the slight laugh at the end by Dave Grohl says it all. He sounds like he's thinking "F**king asshole didn't even finish his own song". It was disrespectful for a guest to just do his own thing like that to one of the biggest bands in history and from what I've seen of Dave Grohl on TV (and the film Lemmy) he's one of the nicest and most rocking gents in the rock industry. Someone you could bump in to and he would have a chat and a beer. The kind of person you would never want to let down because he's so f**king cool.

The girl who got on stage was great though and it's nice momento for her :D It sounds like they cut her mic once Noel went wondering which is a shame. This is definitely not in the UK because he would have been dragged down from that stage and given the Private Pyle award.

The fresh prince of bel-air

BBC1

And unbelievably the sound is out of sync with the picture...

If I actually paid the license fee I might be slightly annoyed ???'

I saw the documentory about the Soham murders and there was a lot of footage of Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr being filmd after the girls had disappeared when they were helping out with the search or Ian was being interviewed by the media. It's chilling to see how normal they were being considereing what they had just done. In one interview with a TV news crew Maxine is filmed showing a card that had been written to her by one of the girls and Maxine said "she was such a lovely girl" This made the interviewer suspicious because they hadn't been found at that point and is what made the police finally search his home. I know you shouldn't wish suffering on anyone no matter what they've done but Ian Huntley is the exception for me.

The documentory was an hour too long though because it then switched to Ian Huntley's daughter and her mum talking as if they are the victims in all of this. Very insulting to the families of those two beautiful girls that were murdered.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 11th October 2017, 12:35 AM

That is the worst guest performance in history and I now see him in a completely different light. Foo Fighters are the biggest band in the world but Noel turns it in to amature hour..

Is it not Liam?

Quote: Chappers @ 26th October 2017, 10:36 PM

Is it not Liam?

Oh yeah not sure why I thought it was Noel. I'm relieved it's not Noel because he has always sounded pretty level headed and not a complete twat like Liam. I have to admit the whole 'potato' thing is funny though and when someone asked Liam why he keeps referring to Noel as a potato as it had everyone baffled he said "because he f**king looks like one". He has a point.