What are you watching on TV? Page 2,112

Quote: Will Cam @ 25th July 2017, 12:51 PM

Just watching a 1975 film called "Can You Keep It Up For a Week". Which is an innuendo laden sub-confessions type film staring Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett).

Just watching a bit more of this. I've just seen Boba Fett's penis>_<

England Women v Portugal Women on TV and Everton v a foreign team on my laptop simultaneously.

You must have a big lap.

Vic Reeves on the Antiques Road Trip.

Wow, that was his wife?!!! :O Thought he was gay.

Ha, really? They've been together for ages, and have a few kids.

Did you think he and Bob were a thing?

The man with the big stick.

Quote: zooo @ 28th July 2017, 8:19 PM

Ha, really? They've been together for ages, and have a few kids.

Did you think he and Bob were a thing?

Not at all. Only Vic struck me as being a bit camp but that's probably part of his stage persona...besides that, banging your co-host and writing partner would be highly unprofessional.
I Googled his wife and well...some very saucy pictures appeared on my screen.

SKy Arts now. Queen in concert in a Rio festival from 1985. Four things were very evident.

1. Queen were brilliant and had a brilliant playlist.
2. The staging was very simple with a painted background and colored lights
3. The fans had come to watch Queen. No giant silly flags, no self indulgent festival get-ups, no 'look-at-me'.
3. You could actually watch them perform because there wasn't that ridiculous fast editing that exists in all filmed concerts today. There are a lot of nice gentle faded changes which is like your eyes being gently courted and caressed (as opposed to being ocularly raped by fast edits).

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th July 2017, 8:51 PM

I Googled his wife and well...some very saucy pictures appeared on my screen.

You're not kidding are you.LoveyLovey

Whose on the end of your stick, Vic?

Quote: Will Cam @ 28th July 2017, 10:42 PM

SKy Arts now. Queen in concert in a Rio festival from 1985. Four things were very evident.

1. Queen were brilliant and had a brilliant playlist.
2. The staging was very simple with a painted background and colored lights
3. The fans had come to watch Queen. No giant silly flags, no self indulgent festival get-ups, no 'look-at-me'.
3. You could actually watch them perform because there wasn't that ridiculous fast editing that exists in all filmed concerts today. There are a lot of nice gentle faded changes which is like your eyes being gently courted and caressed (as opposed to being ocularly raped by fast edits).

And no blasted mobile phones back then. I know what you mean about fast edits because it can be nauseating and there is no flow to it. I also don't get why people pay a lot of money to go to a concert and spend the whole time filming it or taking selfies. Then plaster it all over facebook. I can't work out if they are more interested in seeing someone perform or getting likes on social media. If they left the phone at home or could manage to not use it for a few hours they would have a much better time.

Fake Britain. Cheetham Hill named the counterfeit capital of the UK - Manchester.

Well the clue is in the name!

:D There used to be a local company called Swindell that I wanted to merge with Wilcon Homes. Wilcon & Swindell - How can they lose?

I saw a documentory about Joanna Dennehy last week which had footage of her at the policy custody desk being booked in. Just minutes earlier she had stabbed two men repeatedly and left them for dead but she was behaving like she had done nothing wrong. She wasn't shouting and screaming and it was chilling to see her flirting with the police and showing a level of contempt I had never seen before. She was acting like she had been brought in for something minor and when told she was being detained on suspicion of murder and attempted murder she still wasn't taking it seriously. I could tell she wasn't pretending either but I wonder if her attitude has changed now she has lost her freedom forever because I can't see any Home Secretary ever risking her being on the streets. What she did is stomach churning.

Sounds like a giant sociopath. (I think that's the right one.)

When The Boat Comes In (series)
On The Drama channel, Saturday afternoon.
I remembered it from the 70's as being good. Well it's better than good, it is a masterpiece of writing and plot.

The story is about a sergeant returning home after the 1st world war to a promised land fit for heros.
Only to find degradation and poverty is still rife.
Sergeant Jack Ford (James Bolam) decides he is 'going to get on' and make something of himself
By foul or fair means.

Incidentally, James Bolam met his wife Susan Jameson on the set of this show and they are still married.

ITALIAN TV
1. Useless, tedious, mind-f**king, misogynistic, subBennyHill bullshit f**king bollox all Sunday afternoon.
2. Useless, tedious, mind-f**king, misogynistic, subBennyHill bullshit f**king bollox all Sunday afternoon off air for 35 years.
3. Useless, tedious, mind-f**king, misogynistic, subBennyHill bullshit f**king bollox all Sunday afternoon repeated and is now 'la storica trasmissione italiana'.