Goodnight Sweetheart Page 6

Yeah, I like that episode too. And Gary sits at the piano before he plays Penny Lane and mutters, "Well Gary, do you want to be the first person to play Long Tall Sally in Liverpool!"

Quote: Dave @ August 17, 2007, 12:08 PM

Yeah, I like that episode too. And Gary sits at the piano before he plays Penny Lane and mutters, "Well Gary, do you want to be the first person to play Long Tall Sally in Liverpool!"

Yeah, classic line

Quote: zooo @ August 6, 2007, 11:51 PM

I think it's the war + him managing to cheat on two people in two different time frames. What a cock.

Yes but he isn't really cheating on anyone as he is like two different people if you think about it. Anyway when writers Lawrence Marks and Maurice Gran were asked what there next project was going to be, they replied "Well basically it's about this man who is about 30 and he's fallen in love with this woman who's about 80". If you think hard, then that is true.

Its a shit comedy but an ok drama.

As for having 2 wives.
One guy cant handle one wife. Hed be dead in 5 years with two.

Just watched the episode: Don't Get Around Much Anymore (Series 2 episode 1) on youtube. I loved the bit where they paid homage to my favourite sitcom Dads Army. If you haven't seen the episode Gary goes into a bank in 1941, the manager is Mr Mainwaring and his Chief Clerk is Mr Wilson and they are in the Home Guard and they have the exact same personalities as Mainwaring and Wilson. Hilarious stuff.

Yeah, it's dead funny, that bit.

yep, it's a great twist.
Interestingly, I had only seen several Dads Army episodes previously, but thank God I recognized the setting.
Another curious thing is that Gary is humming the DA title tune to them, and, well, there was no way those characters could recognize, since, AFAIK, it's not a real 1940s tune.

It was an in-joke. Like when "Major" dropped the tea tray and Gary mutters, "Stupid boy".

Quote: WrongTale @ August 18, 2007, 3:33 PM

AFAIK, it's not a real 1940s tune.

Correct, it isn't. Composed specifically for the show.

Quote: Charley @ August 18, 2007, 1:18 AM

As for having 2 wives. One guy cant handle one wife. Hed be dead in 5 years with two.

Or Mormon. About the same, really.

-Erik

Oooh, controversial! :D

Charley's right .. you get enough shit with one wife .. with two you'd be buried!

;)

Does anybody know the title of the Jack the Ripper episode.

I like the prog, it was and still is at the very least very inventive, and a wonderful idea!

Whether it went in the right direction , I admit ,is debatable, the ending was a cop out, and some of the ww2 stuff was a bit iffy, on the whole a f---n site better than a lot of stuff around at the time ,and since.

I feel sorry for Charleys husband no f----n wonder the bloke sits glued to the telly, anyone who gets so annoyed about the fact they dont like something that their partner likes ,is scary! when he stops watching he will probably sneak out the back.....no offence , in a south african accent of course.

I also wish I could play the piano as well as Mr Lyndhurst , a veritable Kunz of the ivories.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 19, 2008, 11:59 AM

Does anybody know the title of the Jack the Ripper episode.

S06E05 - The 'Ouses In Between