Inside No. 9 - Series 1 Page 14

Maybe. But pretty much every unexpected plot detail in anything could be called a twist if you wanted it to be.

I still think viewers in general (not people here necessarily, maybe more on Twitter) have been a bit too focused on twists and judging the whole episode by the perceived 'twist'. There's more to each show than that!

Looks like I'm alone in not particularly enjoying the final episode. It seemed to me that once they'd laid out most of the groundwork, like the creepy house and residents, the mystery upstairs, and the stair lift, everything played out in a fairly predictable manner. I suppose if you enjoy a retelling of a familiar sort of story, that's fine, but I was hoping to be surprised.

Still waiting to laugh!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 14th March 2014, 8:31 PM GMT

Still waiting to laugh!

How long's it been now? Do you remember your last light chuckle?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 14th March 2014, 8:50 PM GMT

How long's it been now? Do you remember your last light chuckle?

Yes. It was a repeat!
ISIRTA, if I remember correctly!

I think I was a bit disappointed on the whole. This is more than likely because ep 2 ('Quiet Night In' -- the silent burglars one) was the funniest thing I had seen for ages and probably will all year, and the others just couldn't live up to that (in terms of comedy; not really into horror and wouldn't watch if it was 'just' horror).

Others were entertaining and I did like the Macbeth one, most likely cos it made me feel clever, but the balloon one was really disappointing at the end and the final one just took so long to go anywhere. It was much better when they all turned up again and it got funny, but it just... ended.

Still, it was nice to have some sort of one-off comedy stories being on. Sort of like a play every week. I did like that aspect of it.

I'll still be encouraging more series.

Dan

I really enjoyed this series. I was too expecting and unexpected ending so was left a little disappointed.... but that is their own fault. I thought it was enjoyably creepy although didn't buy that the girl wasn't at all freaked out at all until the cat bit... and how old was she supposed to be ???

Also why did all her clothes off at the end, seemed a bit gratuitous.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th March 2014, 11:59 AM GMT

I wondered if this as why they had to have an older actress playing the part ?

Well it was supposed to be disturbing. To most people, a young teenage girl in her undies is disturbing. Also the demon was supposed to be, er, possessing her in a manner which was the opposite of childbirth, I think they said. Sick Clothes would rather get in the way.

I think the actress is 28 or something, and I expect that is why they wanted an adult playing her. She was totally believable as a 15/16 year old though!

Quote: sootyj @ 19th March 2014, 11:59 AM GMT

Same with the old man possessed by Satan. But I don't hear you complaining about that and I don't blame you...a 70 year old man in his pants...Eh? Eh? Phwoar!

:S

Quote: zooo @ 14th March 2014, 1:43 PM GMT

I still think viewers in general (not people here necessarily, maybe more on Twitter) have been a bit too focused on twists and judging the whole episode by the perceived 'twist'. There's more to each show than that!

It just irked me with the last episode that we found out how it was going to end 5 minutes before the end. I felt shortchanged.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I did expect something to happen at the end, but when it didn't I rather liked that it had ended so bleakly. She didn't escape like I expected her to, she didn't kick zombie/weird old man/demon arse, she probably just got attacked and possessed.

Quote: zooo @ 19th March 2014, 1:16 PM GMT

I think the actress is 28 or something, and I expect that is why they wanted an adult playing her. She was totally believable as a 15/16 year old though!

She was pretty convincing as a slightly more naive teenager in Kathy Burke's Walking and Talking.

Yes, very. I completely believed she was 14 or so until recently.