Inside No. 9 - Series 1 Page 13

A awful show. Good job BBC 3 is going soon

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 13th March 2014, 9:01 PM GMT

A awful show. Good job BBC 3 is going soon

Not such a good job actually, Inside No.9 is broadcast on BBC2.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 13th March 2014, 9:05 PM GMT

Not such a good job actually, Inside No.9 is broadcast on BBC2.

I thought it was from BBC 3 because it looked rubbish and BBC 3 has always produced awful sitcoms.

Amazing.

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 13th March 2014, 9:07 PM GMT

I thought it was from BBC 3 because it looked rubbish and BBC 3 has always produced awful sitcoms.

It's not really a sitcom either. Aren't geeks supposed to know this kind of stuff?

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 13th March 2014, 9:12 PM GMT

It's not really a sitcom either. Aren't geeks supposed to know this kind of stuff?

It wasn't really a sitcom was it. A genre of its own almost.

Comedy Geek: Voice of the People.

Quote: gappy @ 13th March 2014, 8:56 PM GMT

I liked the ending - the best twist is to not provide a twist when everyone's expecting a twist.

But that type of twist is usually best served with a twist. And vodka.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th March 2014, 9:27 PM GMT

It wasn't really a sitcom was it. A genre of its own almost.

Indeed. It's no real wonder they had trouble in getting it to the screen. It can't have been the easiet sell.

Quote: gappy @ 13th March 2014, 8:56 PM GMT

the best twist is to not provide a twist when everyone's expecting a twist.

That's not a twist. A twist has to be revelation that we weren't expecting that takes it in a different direction. A twist. There was no revelation. It just ended.

Also this wasn't a sitcom. It was a billed as a comedy series and they experimented with and deserve a lot of credit for what they did. There were some very good episodes here. You can't always nail it but trying to do new and fresh things should be encouraged.

Quote: Ben @ 13th March 2014, 10:20 PM GMT

But that type of twist is usually best served with a twist. And vodka.

They shoudl have got Chubby Checker & The Fat Boys to come on and perform "The Twist (Yo Twist)" at the end. none of you would have seen that twist coming.

They never said there was going to be a twist. Why has everyone got obsessed with twists?

Quote: zooo @ 14th March 2014, 10:56 AM GMT

They never said there was going to be a twist. Why has everyone got obsessed with twists?

Aside, from every other episode of the series having one?

Well that'll teach you to get complacent then, won't it. ;)

Still, there wasn't any big deal made about it being a series of 'twists' by the show was there? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure episode 4 had a twist.

Quote: zooo @ 14th March 2014, 11:31 AM GMT

I'm not sure episode 4 had a twist.

The girl releasing the balloon so no one could sell it?

They obviously intended to not have a twist in the final one. We are just reacting to how we felt having watched the whole series. That's all.