1980s sitcom... Any ideas?

Rolling eyes Hi! Going to be vague but here goes..

All I remember is that most scenes were set in the kitchen at the back of the house facing onto the path and garden. It was all about a couples middle class type life and their comings and goings. Shots of the sink and tall wooden cupboards I remember. I think the wife went out alot to evening classes etc and maybe he was recently retired because he would talk to himself a fair bit and need a bit of company. There was a regular couple of characters that would pop in... neighbours perhaps?... One was possibly the mother in law... Both characters were fab!... and they would come and sit up at the wooden table and stay for ages. He was forever making coffee...I thought the husband was someone like Derek Nimmo but don't think it's him!.. Def. a strong comedy actor tho'.. The wife was pretty and I remember she had a raffia type basket she would throw her scarf and bits into. Ringing any bells anyone? Why am I thinking about it?!!!.. The words green, pots and chicken, keep popping up in my head but probably nothing to do with it! Thank you.

Sounds rather like Fresh Fields to me.

The Good Life would be the obvious answer except it was from the 1970s...

No Place Like Home?

The OP could be describing pretty much any BBC1 sitcom from the 1980s.

Yes, it sounds just like Only Fools And Horses, Blackadder, Hi-De-Hi!, Red Dwarf, Brush Strokes... ;)

Ever Decreasing Circles?

Quote: happychef @ June 9 2012, 1:21 PM BST

No Place Like Home?

That was my guess. At least all I can remember about it is William Gaunt and Michael Sharvel-Martin sitting at a wooden table.

It's the 90s. not the 80s, but could it be Next of Kin with William Gaunt and Penelope Keith?

You do seem to be describing the least watchable sitcom ever. However you could be describing Waiting For God.

Kev F

PS: Why have some comments in this post been "greyed" and called off-topic? Is that done by the person who started the thread, or is Stalin in the house?

By the moderators. :) To stop every thread turning into an impenetrable forest of discussions about food or people making confusing jokes. (Except for the General Discussion forum where people can be as off topic as they like.)

In this specific case it was to hide the oh-so-hilarious attempts at unhelpful humour from established members who should know better.