'Watching' a brand new website launched Page 2

Sadly, Liz Spriggs, who I last saw in Swiss Toni as his nagging mum, died in 2008. Which I did not know till last year. Emma Wray - or her real name, Jill Wray - left acting in 1999 after the sitcom My Wonderful Life to travel. She is back now and working as a child minder in Birkenhead and surrounding areas and is considering acting again when the right part comes along. The how long is a piece of string question.

I really enjoyed Watching and still find it funny today. I managed to find quite a few filming locations.

A fab show with great characters, very underrated and should be repeated. Compulsive viewing from start to finish. They don't make them like that anymore.

Got the DVD boxset a few years ago and it was very funny.

Funnily enough my Virgin Media TV broke down last week and decided to watch this again. Still as funny, some of Emma Wray's one-liners are fabulous. In the first series the actors and the comedy feel a little forced but after that it really picked up. Once Brenda's mother was introduced this took the comedy to an even higher level.

Well worth getting the DVD as it seems it is never repeated.

I've just got the box set. I remember in 2004 when there were only bootlegs of it out there.

Emma Wray was indeed fabulous. It's a shame there wasn't an interview with her or Paul Bown on the box set. Nobody really knows what's happened to her since, and it would've been interesting to hear what she had to say about the show.

Quote: Dave @ 14th May 2015, 11:06 PM BST

I've just got the box set. I remember in 2004 when there were only bootlegs of it out there.

Emma Wray was indeed fabulous. It's a shame there wasn't an interview with her or Paul Bown on the box set. Nobody really knows what's happened to her since, and it would've been interesting to hear what she had to say about the show.

http://tattys-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/whatever-happened-to-watching-star-emma.html

What happened to the website? it doesn't seem to exist anymore

I had logged onto the website a few months ago, don't think there had been a lot of updates over the years

I am currently revisiting this again, just about to start season 7. This is a quality and timeless comedy and Emma's wit is razor sharp. The jokes and situations are still relevant today, the only way you would know this is an older sitcom is the fashions of the late 80s and early 90s, which in their own way are also very funny.

Great writing from Jim Hitchmough and a very good supporting cast.

If you have not seen this or not seen it for a few years, well worth investing in the box set, or on YouTube.

Very underrated comedy, one of my favourites of all time

The website's gone now I believe, but my Facebook group is worth looking at! I started it in March 2015 and it's doing quite well - new members are always welcome! https://www.facebook.com/groups/meolsmackerel/

Just joined the Facebook group, can highly recommend, lots of really interesting stuff and quite a lively group, plenty of posts