Fresh Meat - Series 1 Page 5

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2011, 10:56 AM BST

Well I'm not sure anyone's going to fall in love with it or care about the characters after a 10 minute watch.

Yes, a 10 minute watch is useless. Get one with 60 minutes and 12 hours.

Rolling eyes

Quote: sootyj @ October 1 2011, 11:41 AM BST

I watched last week as well clever clogs

:P

Also in 5 minutes of Inbetweeners I wanted to watch a whole episode and then a whole series.

And with Fresh Meat it was two pivotal scenes I watched and even then meh...

Anyone watching this now? Where do I know the young bloke from the hall from? He walked in and out while the girl was chatting to the dead boy's friend.

Not sure that makes sense.

He was Ryan Sampson, from After You've Gone!

Oh thank f**k! It was doing my head right in!

Thanks!

First episode was quite good, I thought. Jack Whitehall was excellent, I thought, and him and Greg McHugh were excellent in the shower scene.

But the last two weeks, I'm disappointed. Apart from Oregon, who is actually the character you most care about. As mentioned, she is (blatantly) playing a young Daisy from Spaced but that is no bad thing, as it gives us an impression of what Daisy would be like at uni.

The relationship between Kingsley and Josie has nothing to it, even though that's what it's trying to do. She seems like too much of a slag, to be honest. Bain and Armstrong have written one of the best (if not the best) comedy relationships between Mark and Sophie in Peep Show. That was perfect, so it's disappointing that I don't care about this one.

It seems set-up like a sitcom: episode 3 last night for instance, JP and Kingsley decide to switch courses to drama straight away. But for what? Nothing interesting became of it, unfortunately and, for its odd good points, there is too much of me being bored. Oregon's relationship with Tony is a bit more interesting (if not *massively* cliched) but I don't care about the Kingsley/Josie or the Howard/Vod thing. JP is a funny wanker occasionally but too often plainly more wanker than funny, which is not good.

If you mixed the good bits of this with the good bits of Campus there would probably be a decent, interesting sitcom coming out of it. Though there would be more Campus in that ratio.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 6 2011, 9:16 AM BST

It seems set-up like a sitcom: episode 3 last night for instance, JP and Kingsley decide to switch courses to drama straight away. But for what? Nothing interesting became of it, unfortunately and, for its odd good points, there is too much of me being bored. Dan

Surely the whole altering your life (or seemingly altering your life) just for JP or a quick thrill is interesting. Anyway this sort of thing happens in sitcoms all the time-a change which doesn't bring that much of a change. If too much happened it would lose its comedy and just become a drama.

I really liked last night's episode.
And I love Vod, she's become my favourite character.

Quote: Tim Azure @ October 6 2011, 11:07 AM BST

Surely the whole altering your life (or seemingly altering your life) just for JP or a quick thrill is interesting. Anyway this sort of thing happens in sitcoms all the time-a change which doesn't bring that much of a change. If too much happened it would lose its comedy and just become a drama.

I mean it didn't lead to anything particularly funny. Which is sort of the point of comedy, isn't it?

Dan

It's not the most amazing thing I have ever watched. It's more on as background noise as I don't always like silence so it's convenient for that.
Maybe I would appreciate it if I had ever had the university experience.
I do like the geeky guy in glasses but then I like geeks.
It's all just very Meh!

Last night's was the best episode - even though it wasn't great. I loved the JP rape storyline - very funny.

Did they really do a 'it's not you, it's me' conversation? Really?

Thought it was quite funny when it seemed the lecturer wasn't interested in having an affair, then they switched back to completely unoriginal.

'I promise I won't throw up in the Renault' made me laugh though

It's not a dealbreaker, but does anyone know how many of these episodes Bain and Armstrong are actually writing?

Quote: swerytd @ October 6 2011, 11:34 AM BST

I mean it didn't lead to anything particularly funny.

Dan

Not clear with what you said.

Tim