Fresh Meat - Series 1

Couldn't see a thread for this yet, if there is could someone direct me to it please? :)

Just watched it, quite enjoyed it. Greg McHugh was brilliant as Howard and I'm not really a fan of Jack Whitehall but he was quite good in it.

What did people think of it?

Weirdly, there doesn't seem to be one!

I rather enoyed it too. The long brown haired girl kept reminding me of Jessica Stevenson in Spaced series 1. Which is always a good thing.

I've never got the Jack Whitehall hate, every show he's been in, he's been pretty funny.

I thought it was pretty good, definitely has an Inbetweeners/Peep Show feeling to it.

I also enjoyed this show.

Jessica Stevenson... Yes! Cheers, zooo. I knew she reminded me of someone, but couldn't come up with it.

Quote: zooo @ September 21 2011, 11:49 PM BST

The long brown haired girl kept reminding me of Jessica Stevenson in Spaced series 1. Which is always a good thing.

I said that whilst watching it. There also seemed to be a few nods to Spaced's visual style.

I really enjoyed it, Jack Whitehall was great, lots of potential in that character. The guy in the glasses was also very good.

WHITEHALL MUST DIE

I think people who insist on hating him because it's cool to must die. But hey, we all must some time. ;)

I'm not really a fan of Whitehall's stand-up, but he was great in this.

"We should get a motherf**king baked potato!"

Oh, I don't hate him because it's cool to do so. More all the nepotism and not being funny and being a smug git and the taking cocaine and the plagiarism of Stewart Lee.

Is that all?

This is not a show I will watch. Another 20 something houseshare com. Sad smiley. C4 aren't breaking any new ground here are they? :( There he is. Comfort zone programming. Thought C4 were the one channel not to go in for that.

Quote: cwickham @ September 22 2011, 12:02 PM BST

Oh, I don't hate him because it's cool to do so. More all the nepotism and not being funny and being a smug git and the taking cocaine and the plagiarism of Stewart Lee.

Fair enoughski.

It was rather cringey when his character was talking about taking cocaine in the toilet.

Nothing wrong with Jack Whitehall, and he's great in Fresh Meat.

Alfred, did you watch the show at all? Because it's neither "another" 20-something houseshare comedy, nor have there been many for it to be "another" of.

No I didn't watch it, mainly on assumption of it being what I thought it was. To be fair, the trailers did make it out to be a 20 something house share thing. So I thought 'Oh no, not again.' And C4 are a bit awash with 20 something shows.

From the trailers, I would have been surprised to see it take a different turn from that. So I decided not to watch. I am a little bit aghast at C4, a creative channel, continually targeting 20 somethings as though no one else watches. It is a channel I both like and dislike. But no, I didn't see it.

I see it's a longish comdram, well, Inbetweeners, Skins, Hollyoakes, Sugar Rush and that full on lesbian one I forget the name of are roughly doing the same thing as this. How long is it before this stuff loses its edge? This is what I thought when seeing the trailers.

Quote: cwickham @ September 22 2011, 11:31 AM BST

WHITEHALL MUST DIE

Rolling eyes

Can take or leave his stand up, but he's first rate in this.

"That's a high motherf**king thread count."

Really enjoyed it.