Fresh Meat - Series 1 Page 4

I like it.

I think it's a shame that many of you are complaining about lack of bellylaughs.
I see Fresh Meat as one of those 'gentle' comedies that make you smile rather than a laugh riot.
Also - as far as I can see - the only reason people are comparing it to The Inbetweeners is the fact that Joe Thomas is in it. I don't find anything in the content or style anything like it.
I am another who finds Jack Whitehall's stand-up indifferent but I agree that hes great in this and although JP is a total dick, I still like him!
As for Josie ... where do I start? I think she's gorgeous and a lovely character but she's already shagged 2 different blokes she obviously dislikes intensely!
I love Kimberley Nixon's performance. That look over her boyfriend's shoulder towards Kingsley's room as her boyfriend is shagging her was perfect. Even though she's being a bit of a slapper I can't help liking her... A LOT!
I have to echo other comments that the Vod character is unsympathetic and the biggest cliché of them all. Apart from her, I like all of them a lot and will be watching the whole series.

Quote: Pilsemit @ September 29 2011, 11:56 PM BST

I As for Josie ... where do I start? I think she's gorgeous and a lovely character but she's already shagged 2 different blokes she obviously dislikes intensely!

To be fair one of those lads was her boyfriend. When I was at Uni a very simular incident happened to me. Met a girl on my course and took a massive shine to her, really got on and I thought I'd struck the jackpot. We went out just me and her one night. Went to a club and her boyfriend appeared in the same club, he had come up to see his mate. He'd not told her so she didnt know he'd be there, just bumped into each other coincidently, and she'd not mentioned him to me in the entire time I'd known her so I had no idea he existed. T'was heartbreaking. 18 years old and crushed. That whole bit was probably the only time I related to Fresh Meat and my own Uni experience. That's one of my main foibles with the show - it doesn't seem very true to an actual Uni experience yet.

Quote: Pilsemit @ September 29 2011, 11:56 PM BST

As for Josie ... where do I start? I think she's gorgeous and a lovely character but she's already shagged 2 different blokes she obviously dislikes intensely!

Agree with all of that. Very cute and girl next door like as mentioned in the show but it's hard to like her given she's shagging another guy each week when she knows Kingsley likes her.

To be fair she did look like she was thinking of him when she was humping away the other day. That's two out of two episodes. So I'm guessing she's lined up to have a different bloke on top her every week? Great :)

You can't be a 'girl next door' AND a serial shagger. I'm afraid you have to pick!

I missed the first ep.
But it sounds like it might be quite good.
I'll watch this week's definitely.

Quote: zooo @ September 30 2011, 11:36 PM BST

You can't be a 'girl next door' AND a serial shagger. I'm afraid you have to pick!

There's only one way to choose!

I will word it differently, she has the look of a girl next door but is in fact a serial shagger.

Ah, bingo!

Thought it quite odd that Kingsley was so possessive and mean after knowing her for about two days. Either I'm really far away from the perspective of the writers or he's going to turn out to be a right psycho

I saw about 10 minutes of episode on plus1 and had no real urge to find the rest.

Meh if it's on I might watch it.

Good jokes but no interesting characters to support them is kinda the definition of a poor sitcom and a dire dramedy.

Just kinda soggy and unengaging. Oh ho the posh one was a bit of a wanker at public school, ooh Robert Webb's playing a teacher who wants to be everyone's friend.

Where's the really engaging, real stuff? How about people getting pissed properly for the first time from home? Or the perenial hang up about money? These are the kind of things I remember about being a student.

Bizarrely this show is not only less funny than The Young Ones but it's also less realistic, which is quite some achievement. I never feel I want to get into the characters.

Peep Show actually had me practically hiding behind the sofa when Mark f**ked up again. But this one, meh I don't care anyone and they don't seem to do anything.

Well I'm not sure anyone's going to fall in love with it or care about the characters after a 10 minute watch.

I watched last week as well clever clogs