Fresh Meat - Series 1 Page 11

I'm not making any such judgements, as I know neither exactly what Channel 4 would have been looking for, nor how they would have been looking to measure it. I do view any broadcaster's attempts to get people to view content online with more than a little scepticism, however.

Last episode = amazing.
Thank God this already has another series commissioned.

In a non-sarky way, the ending was possibly the best bit of the series.

I just watched the last three episodes in a row and this show is simultaneously very popular on a superficial level (I've seen a lot of not necessarily thought provoking internet response to it, hand it to a young cast/setting) whilst maintaining actual good characterization, stories, etc. I had my doubts at the beginning there, but I think all around lovely job. Also had a bit of a giggle at two men stuck in a bathroom while a couple waits outside, Sam and Jesse do enjoy that, don't they? (Although I guess they didn't write that particular episode... still. I'm attempting a sort of joke. Alright then.)

And tonight's episode was great because TOM BASDEN.

Never been a big fan of this rot. Some good performances from the Scottish guy and Jack Whitehall, but all in all I thought it was poor. It is very shallow. But it's a comedy, you all reply, it doesn't have to be deep. Well, it needs some soul. It's no good setting up heart-warming, unbelievable scenes of compassion (the group attending JP's father's funeral), mixed in with crude and unbelievable scenes (Welsh girl on top of JP, Kingsley walks in and behaves like, well, like he does all the time).

The problem with this, I think, is the different writers every week. It doesn't have the needed development. Nothing is given time to pan out, it all happens so quickly. It doesn't ring true, and just comes across as a hollow excuse to try and use all the shock tactics to make up for the lack of good writing.

I have really enjoyed this series and I have to agree that the characters have switched around.
In the beginning I didn't like the Vod character and loved Josie.
Vod has become a much deeper character who we can actually feel for. Josie is 2 dimensional, shallow and, sadly, a skanky little slut. That final scene when shes shagging JP because she "couldn't find" Kingsley summed up the way this character has become completely unlikeable. Sadly, no doubt, in Series 2 the writers will try to keep the Kingsley/Josie thing going but it's not in any way realistic any more. Kingsley would be too worried about catching an STD from the slapper.
JP and Howard are great characters and Oregon has really blossomed.
As I said early in the series, I never expected a laugh-fest and just enjoyed the overall 'feel good' that I was left with after each episode.
I for one will be happy to see Series 2.

Vod's great. And I also ended up really liking Oregon and Howard. Definitely looking forward to seeing what happens in series 2 (as long as none of those three leave...)

Oh, and Tony Gardner of course! I can see how he might not get to be in series 2, but I really hope he is.

Enjoyed this, without it ever quite moving up into essential vieiwing. Agree with the person a few posts up about Josie, what are we supposed to feel for that character? Personally I don't want her and Kingsley to get it together at this point; sure he's a bit of a twonk but seems to deserve better than this pretty horrible character.

Look forward to series 2.

I actually quite enjoyed the Josie character as she got more contradictory, think 'skanky little slut' and 'STD from the slapper' is a bit harsh as as far as we know she's slept with four people in her life, with no implication that she wasn't using condoms... although pregnancy scare is definitely on the predictions list for series two! Agree that her and Kingsley's relationship is not that convincing though, perhaps because it was the starting/main point but without knowing the characters beforehand we didn't have any reasons to believe they'd be pining or bonded.

Yeah, this got much better towards the end. Vod was a lot better in the second half of the series and I cared a lot more about her. Unfortunately agree with Josie just seemingly a slut now. Very unsympathetic character.

Tony Gardner had pretty much all the best lines (or people around him did) in the last episode. The table tennis table was excellent.

Howard and JP both excellent. Kudos to Greg McHugh and Jack Whitehall for their performance pretty much all series. The JP ending was a bit schmaltzy but okay I suppose. The 'Dead Dad' line just about let him get away with it.

Dan

Anyone know the song at the end of episode 6 when Kingsley is talking to Josie from the newsroom?

Has played a few times throughout the series.

Do you mean http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0046HHXFS/comedyguide-21/ ?

I just watched the first few episodes online and found it so uninspired and just made no connection with me. The ending must be pretty good to equal the time I'm putting into watching it.