Worst ever job

Mine's got to be being a cold caller... working for a bank over here in Australia and selling accidental death insurance.

Worst thing was being told to f*ck off 10 times a day plus other varieties of piss of and never call again. Hours were crap 11am-8pm and the management there were idiots!!!!!

Weirdest thing was the fact that some people just bought it out right and gave me their details over the phone...no selling needed and it was a terrible product.

Best thing was the money -but it had to be good money to be abused all day.

I will be nicer to cold callers from now on though.

Tip: don't just hang up cause they have to call again (you just go straight back into the system), say you're not interested and that you want to be taken off their phone and mailing list. They're leagally obliged to never call again!

I worked in a supermarket and people treated me like poo, i had enough of the customers, they were weird, once this french lady came to me and asked if we had any lambs i said "yes we have lamb shanks, leg of lamb, half leg of lamb..." "no a whole lamb" "sorry did you jusy ask for a WHOLE LAMB?" she said "yes my friend bought one from here and it was nice" "oh o.k we keep them out the back, i'll just go and slaughter one for you" i got a warning for that.

My worst job was stacking supermarket shelves and getting covered in washing up powder, half the bloody stuff ends up on the shop floor. I'm either going to have to become a professional comediam/writer soon or i'll habe to get a proper job :(

The worst job I ever had was waxing my Grandma's bikini line.

I work in a supermarket at the present time, I have to say the worst day I've had was having a whole COOKED chicken bag full of meat and juices open on my lap. And to add insult to injury the homeless man decided he didn't want a chicken and left!... but besides the poor management and the crappy hours I love the money.

Oh I also cleaned up after a download festival which put bluntly scared me for life.

And lewis I LOLed at your story, I had a gypsy ask for something stupid like that once.

Wow what is it with comedians and supermarkets? I have often been asked where are the banana's? while i've been filling them up and their in my hands!!!!!
Then there was the time a lady smash through the windows of the petrol station in her range rover having us all diving for cover, the reason why wet wellies of course! (I said wellies Charley)

Quote: Baumski @ June 19, 2007, 9:40 AM

The worst job I ever had was waxing my Grandma's bikini line.

The worst job I had was waxing Baumski's Grandma's bikini line.

The worst job i had was waxing Baumski's bikini line.

Organ Grinder, no one wanted to talk to my monkey and tried to talk to me continousely

Ahh, I worked in a supermarket too when I was a student. Only for six months though, then I got a sweet office cleaning job. Mmmmm, Mr Sheen makes everything clean.

Worst job after that was being a steward at the Oval cricket ground for a three day test. Yaaaaaaawnn. The only thing more boring than manning a turnstile is having to watch cricket at the same time.

I thought the wosrt thing about the cricket job would have been it's location...isnt the oval gound near Kennington park...erm nice and quiet and very very safe I hear...especially at night when your alone...looking like a tourist.

Another supermarket here. :)
Well, it's a very small village one, but it's still rather super.

My worst job though was working in the kitchen of an old peoples' home. I sometimes took the tea trolley round their rooms, and we once opened a door to discover the very old very naked inhabitee doing something that should only be done on one's own and behind a locked door.

Oh dear god.

was it a game of secluded adult Twista with an edge of personal enjoyment accompanied by lots of discomfort

Was it extreme Strip Subbuteo?

The worst job I had was cleaning the dog poo out of the plastic bags that everyone deposits in the dog poo bins because the bags are not bio degradable and so picking up in these bags is actually worse than leaving it on the grass.