My Family - Series 11 Page 5

According to the iPlayer there have only be three episodes aired and there are still 7 to be aired including the one that was never shown. Is that right?

Sounds roughly accurate, yes.

Quote: Aaron @ July 9 2011, 5:22 PM BST

Sounds roughly accurate, yes.

Okay I was worried I missed that missing one.

The numbers are still a bit confusing, but yes, something around 10 episodes for Series 11 is what I expected.

I'm beginning to think the BBC have deliberately messed about with this final series to drum up new interest in it. I'm also a little puzzled why so many here are so concerned about it. Let's not make the Beeb's scheduling idiocy make some kind of martyred hero or legend out of My Family, please. This is not a Dad's Army or OFAH we're talking about. It is a trifle.

James, I do like your new avatar. Very slick indeed! It's like a plush executive business card, very on the money. I could do with one of those myself, you know. BTW, big shopping list that day was it? ;)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 10 2011, 10:38 AM BST

I'm beginning to think the BBC have deliberately messed about with this final series to drum up new interest in it. I'm also a little puzzled why so many here are so concerned about it. Let's not make the Beeb's scheduling idiocy make some kind of martyred hero or legend out of My Family, please. This is not a Dad's Army or OFAH we're talking about. It is a trifle.

James, I do like your new avatar. Very slick indeed! It's like a plush executive business card, very on the money. I could do with one of those myself, you know. BTW, big shopping list that day was it? ;)

I don't think the BBC deliberately do anything. It's all guess work at TV Centre.

Glad you like my new avatar, I had it done espically to delight you.

Thought the 'sexual harassment' episode with the welsh 'actor' was crap. I remember him being terrible in an episode of Shameless as well.

They have released the cover for Series 11.

They have just split up a promo shot for Series 10 but it looks okay. Bit of a cop out ha!

The Accusin' Susan episode was shit awful, the audience barely laughed and it was predictable. Why was Robert Lindsay not in it? He is the heart and soul of the show? Maybe he refused to film the script but it woulda seemed a bit odd for him to be in the episode where Susan is accused of sexual harassment, how would he have reacted? Anyway, it's never as good when one of the two leads are not in it, the worst episodes have been the ones without Ben or Susan.

Meet the Harpers--A modern, outwardly functional family engaged in constant psychological warfare.

The Complete Eleventh Series Featuring 9 Episodes

The fortunes of the Harpers are certainly up and down in this series. Susan and Janey go head-to-head for an exciting job in TV; Susan ends up being a Facecrook; Michael's & Janey's anniversary gift backfires.... Plus Kenzo outsmarts Ben, and Janey, much to Michael's annoyance, becomes friendly with his new boyfriend, Matt. Meanwhile at work, Susan learns how to deal with a young lecher, and then decides it's time to 'Cavitox'! When Susan's father turns up out of the blue offering £2 million to buy her out of her marriage to Ben, is divorce on the cards? And will Roger's Jollies manage to win the darts final?

Episodes
- Labour Pains
- Facebooked
- Germs of Endearment
- A Night Out
- Relationship Happens
- Accusin' Susan
- Susan for a Bruisin'
- A Decent Proposal
- Darts All Folks

Germs Of Endearment was awful beyond words. Predictable, dull, cliched, contrived and totally lacking any warmth. "Humour" fell flat. Series 11 is a new low so far.

I liked Germs of Endearment, a hell of alot better than the last one with that shit welsh actor in it.

This series has been almost unwatchable. First episode was quite good, with Janey's two proposals. Since then, though, it's been crap with a capital K.

Quote: David Carmon @ July 20 2011, 12:44 AM BST

I liked Germs of Endearment, a hell of alot better than the last one with that shit welsh actor in it.

Oh yeah definitely, I just thought there were very few laughs from the audience in Germs of Endearment and the subplot with Janey and Michael was awful, as they get older their acting gets worse. It should focus on the two leads and their chemistry.

I found it had a lot of funny bits, I was laughing at the daft arse people on the plane.

Daniela Denby-Ashe has always been pretty much the same the whole way through I think, she was a bit older when she started and had been acting for ages in EastEnders, I think there's a marked improvement in her EastEnders days and her My Family career.

Gabriel Thompson has got better as well, he was a good child actor and has grown up with the character, he seems to have learnt more 'skills' a bit like the kids from Harry Potter as they aged. He's different from the way he used to be, but that's hardly surprising, nobody ages 10 years without changing.

Robert Lindsay and Zoe Wananamaker just looked half bored most of the time during Series 10/11.

As far as the episodes are concerned I don't see much of a difference to make Series 11 any worse, it seems to be in much the same vein as Series 10, probably due to being filmed together.

I still think it's good, only Accusin' Susan seems to be a duff episode so far from 10/11. Not surprisingly it has turned out to be the lowest rating episode ever.

The Janey and Michael bits in the last episode were awful. They seem to have made Micahel into a very boring, silly character. Thankfully Janey had the mimi-skirt to keep my interest.

Ben and Susan stuff was good though.

This week's was really good. Some excellent gags and Roger was really funny for the first time in ages. Loved his Frank Spencer.