My Family - Series 11 Page 9

Personally, I think My Family is probably the most boring sitcom of this decade. I noticed that last week, the repeat of Miranda got higher viewing figures than the new My Family episode

This week's episode wasn't great.

I can't believe this will be the last regular episode that I will see on TV and it was as dire as that.

Hope the Christmas special is better.

The last episode is on next week. The last one was episode 9/10.

Actually the final episode will be the week after as the postponed episode from Wimbledon is still to be broadcast.

But I was referring to the fact that this will be my last episode that I will view on TV as I am away for the final ones.

So apart from Christmas, Darts all for me and My Family.

Quote: David Carmon @ August 21 2011, 3:07 PM BST

This week's episode wasn't great.

Mmm. Another real mixed bag. Some very funny individual scenes and exchanges, but a right hodge-podge mess in the whole. The story of this series really, very disappointing indeed.

Tonight's was fairly good, especially the Kenzo story. Anyone else see it?

If the BBC actually care about this show, they're doing a damn good job of pretending otherwise. Missing a week for Wimbledon has resulted in the final episode going out at 8:30pm, which wasn't really their fault, but the jumbled order of the last production block has resulted in the final episode being one that was meant to be shown second in this run, and one some people will have already seen because it was accidentally put on iPlayer prematurely as a result of the Wimbledon thing. Not that it really matters since there was no episode definitively scheduled as the end. It's an ignoble ending, certainly - be interesting to see if the Christmas special can have a stab at rectifying that. Maybe they'll do what they did with Doctor Who in 1989.

(That said, I did see "next week's" episode on iPlayer and it was pretty funny, so apropos of nothing it's an OK "finale".)

It is a shame that the last "regular" episode is one that has already been watched by many on iPlayer and facing Coronation Street.

Tonight's episode was pretty good though, the last few and next week's episode have all been fairly good, much better than the first half of the series.

Thought last night's episode was okay, was funniest towards the end and notable for the first time the audience have been in stitches the whole series, pretty good idea for an episode but a little boring in places, they can't seem to shake the empty feel this series. Anyway, that's the last episode or at least what was intended to be the last episode. It was pretty routine but I don't think they actually wrote an episode specifically to end it. Does anyone know if a Christmas special is on the cards or is that unlikely?

I think that last week's episode, Darts All, Folks was supposed to be the final one.

But yes, there is supposed to be a Christmas special, and there are still two recorded episodes unaccounted for in broadcast.

Quote: Aaron @ August 27 2011, 5:52 PM BST

But yes, there is supposed to be a Christmas special, and there are still two recorded episodes unaccounted for in broadcast.

...How do you work that out? 22 episodes across the 2010-2011 production block.

Series 10 = 7 episodes
2010 Christmas = 2 episodes joined together
Series 11 = 11 episodes
2011 Christmas = 2 episodes joined together

11 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 22 = all episodes accounted for

Quote: cwickham @ August 27 2011, 6:11 PM BST

...How do you work that out? 22 episodes across the 2010-2011 production block.

2011 Christmas = 2 episodes joined together

Those two. Which we don't have confirmation for yet, we're just educatedly assuming.

Fair enough. The wording of the post made it seem they were separate, though.

Quote: Aaron @ August 27 2011, 5:52 PM BST

I think that last week's episode, Darts All, Folks was supposed to be the final one.

Yeah it's funny the title is quite fitting for the last episode ha, but as Robert Lindsay himself said, it was recorded half a year before they announced the cancellation so there was no final episode filmed as such. This is a kinda off-topic question but you mention two unaccounted episodes, not referring to Series 11 here, but apparently there are two episodes from Series 8 which were deemed too bad to air, which is possible considering the length of the series, is this true do we know?

I don't think the BBC have a concept of "too bad to air". I believe the story was actually that Lindsay and Wannamaker had refused to record two scripts.