My Family - Series 11 Page 10

Quote: Aaron @ August 27 2011, 7:30 PM BST

I don't think the BBC have a concept of "too bad to air" ...

If they did than that Will Mellor sitcom would never have been shown.

The MF ep was a bit too American in places this week, with the whole Susan going to a school reunion to show how 'successful' she is, and getting fit in a bid to show this. As a whole, the show this week looked so tired, in one scene, even Susan was laying knackered on the couch.

Quote: Aaron @ August 27 2011, 7:30 PM BST

I don't think the BBC have a concept of "too bad to air". I believe the story was actually that Lindsay and Wannamaker had refused to record two scripts.

I did hear there was an episode pitched where Ben and Susan got stuck inside each other after intercourse.

Quote: cwickham @ August 27 2011, 10:08 PM BST

I did hear there was an episode pitched where Ben and Susan got stuck inside each other after intercourse.

Hahaha that sounds like a bullshit lie told by Jay from The Inbetweeners

I quite like My Family and am happy it's back on the telly!

Watched Friday's ep on iPlayer, well 15 mins of it before I got bored, made a brew then forgot I was even watching it.

Has the last episode been aired yet?
I might watch it.

One more on tonight.

So is tonight the final episode or will there be a Christmas special to end the show?

Tonight's the final "regular" episode - in terms of broadcast order at least. Christmas Special will follow at the end of the year.

Yes, there have been more episodes recorded than broadcast, so there should still be a Christmas special (or specials?) to go.

I thought that A Night Out was quite a good one. Again, a bit sketchy in places, but there were some big laughs in there for me. Kenzo and Ben made great adversaries, and reminded me of the double-act with Nick on more than one occasion.

The continuity announced proclaimed it to be 'the last-ever episode of My Family', so presumably there is no Christmas special...

Quote: Dave @ September 2 2011, 11:41 PM BST

The continuity announced proclaimed it to be 'the last-ever episode of My Family', so presumably there is no Christmas special...

I know I got that impression too and on the BBC website it says the same.

Pretty mediocre last episode, well, episode in general as we know it wasn't really the last. I think if I were the BBC I would have promoted the final series as the final series and hyped it up a little more than before, then I would have taken the two worst episodes and kept them for the DVD and made sure that the final episode aired was one of the best from the series. The episode was pretty boring and just again a terrible hodge podge mish-mash of different scenarios and ideas, definitely didn't get any big laughs from me. I think the show really has run its course, Series 10 was very promising and had that spark back in it, but everyone looked bored in last night's episode. I'm not holding out too much hope for a Christmas special as I thought they would have filmed one for Last of the Summer Wine too, so I won't hold my hopes up for a spectacular ending. Saw Robert Linsday's new comedy very briefly advertised before Chickens, which looked interesting.

Quote: Shepka @ September 3 2011, 7:12 PM BST

I'm not holding out too much hope for a Christmas special as I thought they would have filmed one for Last of the Summer Wine too

Well they have filmed two more half hours of My Family, it's just a question of if and when they're broadcast.

It was ok, better than the previous one.

It's all been a bit shit though hasn't it.