My Family - Series 11 Page 2

RE: Alfie - I quite liked the bit when Roger was speaking to Abi in Welsh, and Alfie translated it as meaning some meaningless rubbish.

I've just realised I never watched any of Series 10. I've never thought My Family was crap, I just lost interest in it. I did actually enjoy it when Nick was still a regular character.

It will be a bit strange come Christmas and there's not a special. They've been on for about 7 or 8 Christmases in a row haven't they?

We made two series in one long production period, so there's a special ready for next Christmas.

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ June 12 2011, 12:55 PM BST

We made two series in one long production period, so there's a special ready for next Christmas.

Yay! Any idea of the length... or any details? ;)

I have to admit, I really liked Alfie - especially in one or two eps of Series Nine, when we started to see the more sensitive side to his character. :)

The Radio Times is quoting an 11-episode run for this series. Is that eight normal episodes, the two held over from series 10 and a Christmas special?

Quote: cwickham @ June 12 2011, 2:28 PM BST

The Radio Times is quoting an 11-episode run for this series. Is that eight normal episodes, the two held over from series 10 and a Christmas special?

Everywhere seems to be quoting different series lengths! For example, the RT magazine (IIRC) lists 8 episodes, while the website lists 11 episodes!

"Janey's Choice" - which was supposed to be the last episode of Series Ten - is being aired as the first of Series Eleven, but it isn't yet clear (as far as I know) when they're gonna air "Harper Vs Harper".

'Tis most confusing tbh. :)

I understand that 22 episodes were recorded in the S10/11 batch.

As we know, 2 were packaged for the Christmas special, leaving 20.
Series 10 was 7 episodes in length, leaving us with 13.

If we assume that again this Christmas will be 2 episodes back-to-back, that leaves 11 for the series proper.

Unfortunately, the BBC Press Office has not seen fit to release official details, so we shall see how it pans out.

I think after the messing around with series 10 that the BBC have plain lost interest in the series.

If it was still getting 10 million they would be shouting from the rooftops about it still.

Quote: David Carmon @ June 12 2011, 4:45 PM BST

I think after the messing around with series 10 that the BBC have plain lost interest in the series.

If it was still getting 10 million they would be shouting from the rooftops about it still.

Definitely. It isn't hard to just put a synopsis up and a few details, however the BBC press office has ignored the last two series completely. It was stagerring that they mentioned the Christmas Special.

Quote: Aaron @ June 12 2011, 3:14 PM BST

I understand that 22 episodes were recorded in the S10/11 batch.

As we know, 2 were packaged for the Christmas special, leaving 20.
Series 10 was 7 episodes in length, leaving us with 13.

If we assume that again this Christmas will be 2 episodes back-to-back, that leaves 11 for the series proper.

Unfortunately, the BBC Press Office has not seen fit to release official details, so we shall see how it pans out.

The BBC cut the last series short, meaning they have an odd number of episodes, so your maths are spot on Aaron.

Apparently, RL is on The One show at some point this week, hopefully he might shed some light on it if he is on!

Quite a good episode, I thought, with a good, chaotic climax.

I quite enjoyed it. Some of the recent few series of My Family have had episodes clearly below par, but - aside from the bizarre sudden introduction of Kenzo's father (I don't recall him in S10 at all anyway?) - this was fairly standard territory for the show, and as Dave says, a nice ending.

I really will be sad to see it gone, but let's not kid ourselves that it's the same quality series many of us loved a decade ago.

Quote: Aaron @ June 20 2011, 1:29 AM BST

...aside from the bizarre sudden introduction of Kenzo's father (I don't recall him in S10 at all anyway?) ...

He was played by a different actor than last time. The first actor had a bit of a lisp, as I recall.

The BBC are determind to bugger up this series as they did with the last one, not shown because of Feebledom. Why not shove the shit on BBC Two?

God knows. Really angry and disappointed about tonight's shambles. Sky Sports, what else are you for?