My Name Is Earl

Dunno if anyone has said but one of the better sitcoms of recent times, My Name Is Earl, is back tonight for the premiere of the second season. Channel 4 10pm. Snuck in without much advertising (all the budget gone on shitty Big Brother) so we don't realise and they have excuse to cancel it.

Dan

Phew!! Thanks for mentioning it. I would have missed it otherwise!! Now I can series link and wait for the funny.

Excellent! Now I can cross that off my list.

did anyone read the recent article about 'My Name is Earl' having a scientologist undercurrent. If you look at the actors, producers - they're mainly scientologists. And the premise itself is closely alligned to their philiosphy.

The less I know about scientology the better so no I didn't recognise scientologist undertones.

I'm looking forward to this i thought it was a great idea, had a fantastic plot that could be carried on for a while, and it was well acted, scientoligistyist or not i like it.

Right back at ya..."My Name Is Earl" is the Mint choc Chip of conrnettos'...the Crystel of champagne...the Gucci of loafers...and the Mont Blanc of fountain pens...but have you seen what's on after it. Phew..."Deep Throat" I hate late night dentist shows....but i'll give this one a whirl.

Quote: Nick Rivers @ June 14, 2007, 4:30 PM

did anyone read the recent article about 'My Name is Earl' having a scientologist undercurrent. If you look at the actors, producers - they're mainly scientologists. And the premise itself is closely alligned to their philiosphy.

I just heard this on the radio.

Apparently both the 2 top stars and writer are Scientologists and it's a propaganda thing.

I wouldfn't know cos I've never seen it.

Number 45 on Earls list 'Didn't swallow after Ron Hubbard ejaculated.'

Didn't think yesterday's episode was all that good. Only a few comical moments coming from Randy, and the storyline was all-in-all unpredictable, which is good. Just wasn't as funny as i was expecting. A disappointing start to be honest.

Yeah, not a great start but more watchable than most shows. Loved the line "He Ferris Buellered me!", I'm sure they used that line before though.

I am going to have to take a gander at this.

It was quite funny, i thought it was as good as it has ever been, i got bored with the whole truck thing after a while and thought that that part of the plot could have finished finished earlier in the episode, i also thought the ending was a bit rubbish, the "you woke me up yesterday to ask if i thought monkey's worried about their appearance" was quite funny, but other thatn that pretty good, i will definatly be watching again.

My favourite bit was the Umpa-Lumpa impression! :)

EDIT: No, it wasn't an Umpa-Lumpa, it was the Munchkins, sorry.

Loved Earl's English accent.