British Comedy Guide

My Name Is Earl Page 2

Enjoyed it, Earl is never really a laugh a minute show, its not a Scrubs type comedy where they stuff in as many gags as possible, but its always enjoyable.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15, 2007, 9:08 PM

Earl is never really a laugh a minute show

I'll agree with that. I've not really ever found it particularly funny. Amusing, yes. Entertaining, again yes. But not really 'funny'

And I didn't watch it.

Not bad at all.

Picking up on the Scientology theme, if you ever get a chance to read a biography on L. Ron Hubbard, take it. I read an unauthorised biography on the guy called "Bare Faced Messiah" and it was great. Very, very funny, and a real eye opener about the man who gave us Dianetics. I won't say any more because the Scientoligists could crush this website like a bug...

Quote: Aaron @ June 16, 2007, 9:07 AM

I'll agree with that. I've not really ever found it particularly funny. Amusing, yes. Entertaining, again yes. But not really 'funny'

And I didn't watch it.

It's a show which has a premise which could quickly wear thin, and probably will quite soon. You wouldn't get a show like that made here because they'd moan about casting and costs and different locations. They'd say, "Okay, like this Earl guy, like the idea he is trying to put things right in his life with his lottery win. And thosse US cities - what great backdrops. What though - and this is just an idea - what if we change it to a dentist married to Zoe Wannamaker. And set it in Cheadle."

Nadine Velazquez... oh boy...

I thought last nights episode was very good, i laughed out loud and i have to say Randy is a very good character, i hope this continues to be a great viewing.

My Name Is Earl has incredibly likable characters. The storylines are often quite dark but you barely notice because they're all like funny mates on some crazy adventure.

Very good yesterday i thought. A lot of good laughs in there.

Can't really tell yet, but it would appear to me that the second season will be a funnier one then the first. :)

"season"? *slap* snap out of it, man!

Very good second episode, great characters.

Quote: Retinend @ June 23, 2007, 5:34 PM

"season"? *slap* snap out of it, man!

I just wanted to use the correct lingo for the American series.
Whistling nnocently

I like this show good piece of entertainment quite light hearted. I do love Jason Lee as a skater and actor. I have to say his best character in my opinion is Brodie Bruce from Mallrats.

Stinkpalm?