Stephen Merchant 'Hello Ladies' Tour Page 3

A fun thing for me is that on the DVD the audience member who Stephen Merchant high fives at the beginning of the show is my brother.

Laughing out loud That's a stroke of luck.

Went to see it live. Thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the best stand-ups I've seen.

Saw last night, was most excellent. Josh Widdicombe was great support too.

Oh you jammy, lucky you.

Thought this was a brilliant show, very funny.

So the general feeling is that it's probably worth buying the DVD? :)

Ummh. If you're running out of material to slag off. Money well spent. I think SM has the potential to be a great stand-up. I was a bit disappointed with it to be honest. It was still funny but not as funny as his own wit.

Quote: Leevil @ December 12 2011, 12:57 AM GMT

Ummh. If you're running out of material to slag off. Money well spent. I think SM has the potential to be a great stand-up. I was a bit disappointed with it to be honest. It was still funny but not as funny as his own wit.

This

Just bought and watched this on DVD, it was enjoyable, but nothing special. I quite like the encore stuff, but overall I still prefer Ricky and Karl, they're better suited to being in front of the camera, I certainly prefer Ricky's stand up.

In the interview in the extras the guy interviewing him seems more engaging, though in fairnss he seemed a genuinely engaging guy and probably saw as a chance to shine.

I didn't like the woman he pulled up from the audience. She was trying to be funny and she wasn't.

I hate people that try.

Apparently this is being adapted for an HBO show
Where Stephen plays a web designer who's moved to LA

Just been listening to him being interviewed on Radio 2, sounds a great guy, looking forward to seeing his new film 'I Give It A Year'.

Well, it's about time Stephen Merchant stopped suckling on the saggy, unfunny, sour breasts of Ricky Gervais and went his own way...