Stephen Merchant 'Hello Ladies' Tour Page 2

He's going to make a nice chunk of money from this tour. I suspect.

Thanks mods ;)

The other reason I read somewhere is that he's pissed off that Gervais dived straight in at the deep end of stand up, selling out arena tours and the like. While Merchant had slogged his guts away in small clubs, getting heckled etc whilst going nowhere.

Is nice for him though to break away from Ricky, the few films that he's done havn't been that great (Tooth Fairy & Hall Pass), so will be nice to see him go solo

Quote: Goose24 @ May 30 2011, 12:26 AM BST

Thanks mods ;)

:D :P

I doubt he's pissed off, they're very good friends.
And working with Ricky has earned him millions of pounds. (As has working with Stephen, for Ricky.)

Yeah true, not so much pissed off, just more frustrated.

There was a quote that I read yesterday, but can't seem to find it *sigh* Will try again later when I'm more motivated

Quote: AndyWilliams @ March 9 2011, 1:13 AM BST

30 notes is a bit steep but he did start life as a Stand Up.

An early starter? Did he just pop out and land on his feet?

He's hardly breaking away from Ricky either. They're both about to start filming Life's Too Short.

It's 'buy one ticket, get one free' for this Saturday's Manchester gig.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/17004664624C3E32?did=o2staffoffer

Great deal! Saw him in Glasgow and he was absolutely terrific.

Bo.

Bit too expensive for me.

Going to see him next weekend, glad to read great reviews for his tour. Had no idea he'd done stand up before. Saw Ricky Gervais on his 'Fame' tour, thought he was great, better than I was expecting but just find I'm getting a bit tired of him now so will be good to see Merchant and compare the two.

I watched this the other day on DVD and found myself looking at how long was left until the end, and it's only 80mins or so. Yeah, there were some good bits, but not enough, I'm glad I didn't pay to go and see him.

Yeah I felt the same. I think he could have been a lot braver, he seemed to play it safe. But this is his first tour, so maybe he'll learn from it? Cause he is a funny fella, I have faith in him.

Yes, he's normally very funny on chat shows and with Gervais. I was rather disappointed.

I had no idea the gangly fella was touring. Wont spend dosh unless it's a DVD hire but I will look forward to it, muchly.