Stephen Merchant 'Hello Ladies' Tour

I have my tickets. Anyone else going?

I saw one of his warm up shows in 2008. It was very good, but he did get lost a few times, like went down avenues that he found it hard to get out of with funny lines, but that's why it's a warm up I guess.

I'm exciting to see the finished product. He's a very funny man.

I've not got tickets yet but shall be doing so.

Well looking forward to it :)

I had no idea he was touring. Excellent!

I looked at getting some tickets, but they're so expensive! Around £30 for, basically, an unknown 'stand-up'. I won't be going, although I'd have liked to.

He has being doing stand up for a long time; longer than Gervais, anyway.

According to his own site he did it a few times with varying outcomes, then gave up for 7 years IIRC.

http://www.stephenmerchant.com/stand-up/

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him, it's just too expensive for me.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 7 2011, 7:51 PM GMT

According to his own his he did it a few times,

I dunno, he did it long enough to appear on telly once, at least, before he was known for writing with Gervais, I'm sure I remember him.

Ok, but I still think it's expensive for an 'unknown'.

No returns! :P

Gervais hadn't done stand up before and his shows were brilliant.

But I agree £30 is a bit high for a second string unknown quantity

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ March 7 2011, 8:12 PM GMT

Gervais hadn't done stand up before and his shows were brilliant.

Yes, they were. But I watched his first 2 or 3 tours on DVD before forking out £30 to see him doing Science. Was his first tour as expensive?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ March 7 2011, 8:12 PM GMT

But I agree £30 is a bit high for a second string unknown quantity

It was a little more pricey than I thought it would be, but I disagree that he's an unknown quantity. Also "Second string" - bit harsh.

Don't get me wrong - I think he too might be great. I like his style and wit. The blundering and saying the painfully obvious thing is a good gimmick

But Bill Baily tickets are about the same price as are tickets for Lee Evans. Very established tour comedians.

That is very, *very* expensive.

He obviously needs the cash to get clothes that fit...

Dan

30 notes is a bit steep but he did start life as a Stand Up so this isn't a dip into unknow waters.

I've heard he is very good... worth £30, hmmm.

Picking my tickets this morning and looking forward to it which is what I would have liked to have done for 'Yes Minister' which, alas, is sold out.