Biffovision

does anyone else feel slightly annoyed that new comedy - BIFFOVISION - is on BBC3 at midnight tonight, and yet we are treated to yet another repeat of Little Britain at prime time?

I saw it the first time and it's just lovely. It's a shame it's got such a rubbish time slot, yet they put Coming Of Age on a 9 or 9.30, boo!

I do hope it gets a series it's so weird and funny. But i guess it's all about ratings, you know?

I don't generally look that late and wasn't even aware of it. Had this been mentioned on the site? What's it about?

I came on here to find out what it was.

Is it the same Biffo I remember from years ago on channel 4 teletext videos games page? I remember him always going on about a comedy show.

About:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biffovision

Or if anyone wants to go to Paul Rose's blog:

http://biffovision.blogspot.com

p.s. Great cast to.

COMEDY: Biffovision
On: BBC 3 (7)
Date: Tuesday 5th June 2007 (starting in 18 minutes)
Time: 00:00 to 00:30 (30 minutes long)

Adult take on kids' TV programmes like Swap Shop and Saturday Superstore, fronted by Hugo Visage, Peggy Pigstrap and bad puppet, BW.
(Stereo, Subtitles)

Starring: James Lance, Ingrid Oliver, Simon Greenall

The question is though is 00.00 Monday or Tuesday/

I'll give it 5 minutes.

Well I'm notoriously easy to please, and lasted about 3 minutes.

What the bollocks is it?

It's just random.

It is a trifle odd eh!

I watched to the end - some hilarious bits (the ghost train skit), some just plain weird!

This was actually a repeat. It was shown on BBC3 about 3am a couple of months ago. A rather random spoof of kids TV.

At the time of writing there is some Biffovision clips on YouTube if you missed it. People keep putting the entire episode on YouTube but the Beeb keeps getting it taken down.

As hotzappa11 linked to above, the blog of writer Paul Rose has some interesting insight into the making of the programme (check the archive).

I thought it was brilliant. Some of the funniest new stuff I've seen on TV for ages. Couldn't help laughing out loud.

Thanks for pointing it out to me. Maybe - yes definitely - I'm just a big kid.

I really liked it. Some bits didn't work, but there were some real moments of genius hidden in between.
James Lance was very good.

Yeah, but James Lance is always good. Even in 'Doctors'.

As for what it was, I'd describe it as Look Around You, but on kids' TV.