Blimmin' Rugby Thread Page 12

The thing about this that got me was, the ref was SO sure he saw what he saw and yet on the replays almost everyone else didn't see it that way. So that equates to a monumental error of judgment or jumping the gun or whatever. He was so quick with that red card, even the commentator missed it, thinking it was yellow. He simply didn't see what he thought he did, expected the worst because he probably did assume W had kept hold of him and acted quickly and strongly, but wrongly.

They've not only upset Wales but some of the biggest names in rugby like Francois Pienaar and others and also a lot of sponsors, who were licking their lips at a David v Goliath type final. Was the thought that this team could actually ruin the script, hovering in their heads? I really do wonder now.

I wouldn't wonder. He saw what didn't happen, he didn't see the hands come off, I played it backwards and forwards. His decision at the time was absolutely ok based on what he thought he saw. It's not his fault, it's the rules. Both the Australian and the New Zealand guys on the panel yesterday thought he had made the right decision as they saw it from different parts of the park. It was only on video review they changed their minds.

Well our commentators were taken aback at normal speed that it was that dangerous and I have to say so was I. It really didn't look like an atrocious malicious tackle, a strong one, but W looked as surprised at his own strength as anyone.

Looking forward to watching the All Blacks perform a rugby-world-cup-final-at-home type Haka! Good luck France!

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ October 19 2011, 6:56 PM BST

Good luck France!

They're my second team after Wales and, by God, they're going to need all the luck they can get.

World Cup finalists by default. :|

Quote: Oldrocker @ October 19 2011, 9:57 PM BST

World Cup finalists by default. :|

Yes that is how it happens, Let's just pick the winners before we start. That would be easier.

Good luck, Wales.

Move over BaaBaas of '74. I've just seen the try of the century. 30 phases of possession. Such heart. Bad luck Wales but what a Six Nations it will be.

Right then, here's looking forward to 4th February 2012 at 14:30, a friend shall lose his friends's hammer etc...

What a nail-biter of a cup final. France, you almost took the wind out of our sails, (again) very exciting to watch. I heard profanities, I never knew existed.

It looks unlikely NZ will host another RWC, so the end result was even sweeter.

It's been a very entertaining tournament. I've had far too much fun. Met wonderful fans from all over the place, had too much food and wine. Now, back to water and rabbit food

Pleased it's a holiday today.

Well done to everyone involved in making this an event to remember.

Great stuff. Finally France turned up and nearly made it epic. However, what spoilt it was that (sorry Julia) the flaky AB temperament showed again and you were so lucky that the ref didn't penalise the raft of high tackles.
Roll on 2015 and best of luck to Wales.

Yes, I really thought France would do it again until the kicker missed a penalty by a mile. The AB's really do wobble in the final, but overall they were the best team, just about, over Wales, who definitely played the most exciting rugby of the event.

The ref was a bit kind to the ABs I thought, yes. I think the rugby chiefs wanted a NZ win at all costs, I'm sure if there'd have been a spear tackle by an AB it would have gone unnoticed. But still France nearly stole it. Never have I seen a more relieved crowd after a win, I think it's time for you lot to stop putting so much importance on a game! It doesn't bear thinking about what would have happened if NZ lost, which they nearly did.

If NZ had lost I would have won a bottle of whisky and not had to buy a bottle of Bacardi for someone is what would have happened. I still claim the moral victory after that completely biased refereeing. NZ deserve to win the Cup but France deserved to win that match.

After all that has happened to New Zealand the last year or so good luck to them. And also made the last day of my holiday worthwhile.

Right, here we go again, Six Nations time and where better to start than with Jeremy Guscott's incisive opinion when asked if he could look past Wales for this years championship?

Hi Joe. Wales will be one of my favourites to win the Six Nations this year, along with Ireland and France.

F**k me Jez, there's only six teams in it and Italy and Scotland certainly ain't gonna win it so what are you saying?

:|