Town Heads Addicts. Page 3

Oooooooooooh! Well Lets wait & see. If they are genuine then fair play, lets leave it at that, If not I will pop a PM to Aaron. Cheers for that Leevil.

I am quite astonished by your petulance. I don't think I was offensive about your work.
You will have to get a whole lot tougher if you want to make a living as a writer.
If you want to continue writing poor quality material that will never get any further than a message board, then fair enough.
Those who praise the poor writing you have displayed are doing you no favours.
Please think about your reasons for writing. Are you compelled to do it? Do you have something to say?
There is nothing to say you can't improve, but that will take a more open mind on your part.
Best Wishes

Thanks Alex. Can we end it now please. I am sure other threads need your attention too.

You should introduce yourself. Say hello to everyone.

I does seem your pages require particular work, but I am happy to end things, of course.
Best Wishes.

Quote: Alan Alexander @ June 1, 2007, 8:07 PM

I does seem your pages require particular work, but I am happy to end things, of course.
Best Wishes.

Ooooooooops!(I does seem). I think the word (ditto) is in order.

Please lets end it. I have had enough & this is just bumping my thread up to the top. There are some fabulous threads on here. Go take a look. I am going to ignore this thread from now on and bump some of the others off. You must agree this is getting a little tiresome.

Quote: charley rance @ June 1, 2007, 8:14 PM

Ooooooooops!(I does seem). I think the word (ditto) is in order.

Please lets end it. I have had enough & this is just bumping my thread up to the top. There are some fabulous threads on here. Go take a look. I am going to ignore this thread from now on and bump some of the others off. You must agree this is getting a little tiresome.

It certainly is. You seized on a typo, which looks a little desperate. I mean, a literal in my response is not quite the same as the poor standard of your writing.
If you would like any furher advice, feel free to ask.
And please do ask yourself why you want to write.
It may be that you have nothing to say and there is no shame in that.

I may take you up on that advice sometime. Thanks.

wot no best wishes?

Quote: Badge @ June 1, 2007, 8:29 PM

wot no best wishes?

How rude of me. Of course, I offer my best wishes.

Thanks.

Some brilliant characterisation in this exchange ... keep it going I'm taking notes!!

Dont encourage him you naughty boy. I dont want to play anymore. I am all bedazzled on big words. I dont think i have been this high since yesterday. Seriously Losaavedra Shhhhhhhhhh! He is sleeping. Dont wake him. Mummy said I am not allowed to play anymore so I cant.

Quote: Alan Alexander @ June 1, 2007, 8:21 PM

It certainly is. You seized on a typo, which looks a little desperate. I mean, a literal in my response is not quite the same as the poor standard of your writing.
If you would like any furher advice, feel free to ask.
And please do ask yourself why you want to write.
It may be that you have nothing to say and there is no shame in that.

You can't slag off to such a degree without showing what you're capable of.

I think that really this is all a wind-up because nobody really speaks like that in type -unless they're a complete arsehole.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 1, 2007, 11:37 PM

You can't slag off to such a degree without showing what you're capable of.

I think that really this is all a wind-up because nobody really speaks like that in type -unless they're a complete arsehole.

There's really no need for personal abuse.
I can't understand what the point of a critique forum is if the only acceptable opinion is fawning in the face of ineptitude.
I offered a writer's perspective. It's a tough game.

We've all heard your opinion. If you really do want to leave Best Wishes, you'll move onto another thread and offer you criticisms somewhere else.

Why single out Charley?